ACN Latitudes Forums

general update

Guest First appointment with the natur

Guest First appointment with the natur

Hi all

I just got back from my first trip with the naturopath (listed in www.acam.org). The doctor was a lot experienced in natural cure (but not specifically tics though).

Had a long general talk about my son's allergies, asthma, tics , vitamin regimen etc. He asked me to stop flax and start fish oil due to EPA/DHA 500 mg. He has given a B complex to be given in addition to the multivit, mag. taurate, calcium citrate, zinc . He said B complex and fish oil are in general essential.

He said he would be willing to take another complete allergy test to check for Ige and Iga... (we had long back done a skin prick allergy test for my son) to test for food allergies etc. He said he would also like to do a hair analysis test as a next step. He had given a comprehensive Digestive stool analysis and parasitology test kit (CDSA) test Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory.

any one else did the CDSA test from the same lab.

Lets see how things move on from here. Hoping for the best.

P.S - He said that there is a LOT of link between tics and allergies. When I said my son's asthma is under better control now, he said that probably tics are the extension of the same allergies.

Your inputs on CDSA and what to expect from the results would be appreciated. does it test for yeast too?

Guest Guest_EFGH

sorry. i put the title in the place of my name

Hence started a new thread with the title "first appontmt with the naturopath". so please ignore this thread.

thanks

Efgh,

Thanks for the updating! Which B complex and fish oil that your ND gave to your son?

CDSA does include for Yeast analysis. Our ND initially ordered the CDSA kit from Great Smokie. Due to my son's illness last month, the test was delayed. I called her and she switched the order (of the same test) from Doctor's data. She said the same test from that lab covers more elements with the same cost. However, the hair analysis was done through Great Smokie. I'm still waiting for the results...

Efgh,

CDSA does the analysis of the condition of the gastrointestinal tract including Long/short chain Fatty Acids, Yeast Culture, Bacteriology etc. Also, my ND doesn't recommand the flax seed oil either.