ACN Latitudes Forums

Any one heard of Dr. Sims

ccc

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Our appt. with my son's ortho. went well. She is very nice and would work with us if we chose to do this. She did however think that what Dr Sims is saying would have better results on younger children. She does not think this is a good idea for our son because of his age being almost 16yo and there not being any long term studies on manipulating the jaw. She felt she would be more willing to go along with it if the child was 8, 9 or 10yo, as she felt their jaw is still young and flexable. Her concern is that our son has no symptoms of any TJM issues.

She was not saying something would happen, just that this was too new and she just was not comfortable with what could happen down the road, and would hate to have our son end up with more problems.

She did say she understood what he was trying to do with opening up the connection of the upper and lower jaws, to relieve any pressure.

I feel we have to really think about how would a child our son's age be with this retainer in his mouth. ccc has made some good discriptive words on what her child looks like with this in, and I would really wonder if my son at his age would refuse to put it in his mouth. All I see now is his head and neck breaking to get a look at any and all girls walking down the street.

Good luck and look forward to hearing from the next group going.

CP

Thank you, Vanessa, for researching and posting.

I do agree with the professor that as a research paper this article does not follow scientific methods. I also agree it is unethical to provide false hope for a cure-all when not enough evidence has been collected. I do not believe, though, that this is "snake oil". I trust the mothers I talked with who told me how much this helped their children, and i trust that Dr. Sims does believe he has discovered something significant.

I guess for now this is a "maybe it will work", and this is what all of us here are doing all the time. The diets, NAET, cleansing, etc', all of these haven't been proven as well, and we still take a chance and try them.

I think there are two people there today. Let's hope this can at least work for some.

Dalit

Does anyone know if Dr.Stack treats patients with tics. On you tube it shows him treating patients with a device. These patients have movement disorders. So I wonder if he too treats others with tics? The people on the videos have tic like movements and when the device is put in they stop. Dr. Stack explains what he is doing in the videos. In one video, the patient got the device in her mouth and it stop her movements. Then a few weeks later it shows her coming back to see him. Her movements were back.Then Dr.Stack adjusts the device and puts it back in her mouth and the movements stop. Does anyone have any info about Dr.Stack or looked into how he helps others? Char...

I went back on You Tube and found a video of Dr.Stack treating a patient, who is a 22 year old male with TS. Dr.Stack explains what he is doing in the video. The patient has vocal and motor tics. He shows the patient having tics. Then when the device is put in the tics stop. Oh, but first it shows the test with the sticks put in the mouth and how to do it. It shows the man doing the test. It shows the man coming back to more times for the device to be adjusted. I wonder if Dr.Sims adjusts the device that much? If anyone wants to see it, go to you tube and go to search and type in Dr.Stack. The video is under DDowney6. I was surprised to watch it and see the device and how the device looks in the patients mouth. The device in the mans mouth does not look bulky.But Dr.Stack adjusted it to not be so bulky and he adjusted it to the height of the stick test. Very interesting video, Char...

Hi everyone - FAITH, YOUR INBOX IS FULL

I had my appointment with Dr. Sims today. I only have a few minutes so need to be quick but will write more tomorrow. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Sims and his assistants. Upon examining my son, Dr. SIms found his upper jaw was not growing fast enough and was pushing the lower jaw back. His bite was also coming down too much over the front teeth. Unfortunately, my son did not tic for 2 hours while we were there (he hasn't had a quiet moment in 4 months). Dr. Sims told me to leave and come back later in the afternoon to try again. We came back and Dr. Sims had set up a camera in his office and let my son (5 1/2 yr) go in and play with me. Sure enough his tics came back and Dr. Sims could witness them first hand. He was then able to put in the tongue depressors (he needed 2) and sure enough my son was quiet. I am not convinced 100% that it was the device that stopped the tics and not my son just holding them in but I was intrigued enough that I ordered the device. We did the x-rays and were told to come back Friday to have the device fitted in my son's mouth. Dr. Sims was completely honest, not pushy (almost the opposite) and thorough in all his explanations. I only hope when Friday rolls around I am as happy with him as I am now. I will keep you posted.

thank you guys, I see you on line. I want to go home. :( I am somewhat guarded about tomorrow. but I will gather the info and play it by ear. I'm here now, so....

saw the Lincoln Memorial by evening tonite. very cool. my son ran ahead of me and tripped down three steps he did not see. I screamed. he was okay. fun memory. ha ha. :mellow:

talk to you tomorrow.

Faith

thank you guys, I see you on line. I want to go home. :( I am somewhat guarded about tomorrow. but I will gather the info and play it by ear. I'm here now, so....

saw the Lincoln Memorial by evening tonite. very cool. my son ran ahead of me and tripped down three steps he did not see. I screamed. he was okay. fun memory. ha ha. :mellow:

talk to you tomorrow.

Faith

(((Faith))), praying it all goes well tomorrow and that the device will be a good fit for you guys! Glad he was OK going down the steps!

Bonnie

Faith...I am hoping "NO NEWS" is GOOD NEWS! I have been praying for you guys all day!

I think if you have some success and I end up going, I will go to Dr. Stacks. Did you see the video that was just posted (on youtube)

Which video was that Wendy......... Was it with Dr. Sims

mary