ACN Latitudes Forums

Any one heard of Dr. Sims

ccc

Wow that was more than I thought they were saying...thought it was only about 3000.00

Waiting to hear back from our ortho. also

Mommyof2,

I know what you mean. I though it was around $3,000 as well. I also posted a question on another forum to ryansmom who had this done for her child, and wanted to ask her what kind of tics her son had. Still waiting to hear from her.

Linda

Gemi,

Thanks for posting your experience you had at your visit with Dr.Sims. Have you made another app. with Dr.Sim yet? Will Dr.Sim do the X-ray at his office? Thanks for any feedback, Char...

Char,

I called Dr. Sims office and was told that at your first visit which costs $312, they actually will determine if the device would work for you, and if you decide at that point to continue then you would order the device made especially for you, which takes about 1 week. If at the first visit you decide the device doesn't really work to your satisfaction and is not for you then, your expense is only the initial $312. Total cost is $5,057.

She also said Dr. Sims could do the x-ray or your dentist could do it. I actually took the papers to my dentist this afternoon to see what he thought of the device and Dr. Sims' theory as to why this would work. I am waiting to hear back from him.

Linda

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mommyof2,

I know what you mean. I though it was around $3,000 as well. I also posted a question on another forum to ryansmom who had this done for her child, and wanted to ask her what kind of tics her son had. Still waiting to hear from her.

Linda

I think this mom that you refer to is one of those on the video if you've been able to view it.

Faith

Just to tell you what I have heard. I have an appointment in a couple weeks.

The original cost is the $300 or so dollar amount. The total cost is in the $5000 range. It is very possible the device itself is in the $3000 range. The total cost includes the $300 or so for the first visit, and another $300 or so for the second visit, and the cost of X-rays (and maybe MRI's, I don't remember). But, anyway, the point is, there's the cost of the device, but then a number of other things and it does add up to the $5000 or so.

I was also told that the first visit, just the $300 or so, is what's needed to determine if the device will work. What they have said is that all the other stuff is only done after that information and decision has been made.

Michael

On that visit if we would wont we would be able to do the x-ray at the Dr. Sims office, but we decided to do it through out dentist, because we have insurance and also for the MRI we would have to go to another place anyway. Dr. Sims can not do the MRI at his office, but he would forward us to another place if we wonted. But I believe you have to stay overnight. Dr. Sims said that he can not put any device into my daughter mouth until he will see the MRI (our pediatrician doctor confirmed that braces you can put without the MIR, but for the mouth device it is a requirement to do the MRI.). My husband looked at the paper of another patient and the total was around $5000. We did the full mouth x-ray with our dentist. Now the MRI has to cost $900 if insurance will refuse to pay.

Me again on the free things to do in DC. I just feel so bad that you all will be coming from such a long way, and the $$ amount sounding like it is getting larger.

A lot of Memorials and Museums are free.

The Capitol, Lincoln memorial, Washington Monument, American History Museum, Natural History Museum, National Zoo, Arlington Cemetery, War memorials... I could go on but I won't.

CP

Mommyof2,

Linda

I think this mom that you refer to is one of those on the video if you've been able to view it.

Faith

Hi Im reading through the posts has anyone gotten one of the mouth pieces? Does it really work someone that has been to him and actually had results not someone from his website someone from here.

Me again on the free things to do in DC. I just feel so bad that you all will be coming from such a long way, and the $$ amount sounding like it is getting larger.

A lot of Memorials and Museums are free.

The Capitol, Lincoln memorial, Washington Monument, American History Museum, Natural History Museum, National Zoo, Arlington Cemetery, War memorials... I could go on but I won't.

CP

The National Archives is a great one to check out, too. They have the original copies of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.

Where do I begin...I thought this board was to think outside of the box and to be open to other things...I am new to all of this and am saddened by all the talk of money and doubts...If that is all that is important than don't post.. We to as a family have spoken to Dr Sims and our child has been helped by him...We would have begged and borrowed to see if he could help...And why are the videos on Dr Sims's website not good enough? Do you think they were paid?? Well if you have spoken to or seen Dr Sims you know that it isn't true...I guess just please try and be truthful....He truely can help people...

I have chosen not to post my experience ....and I know now that I have made the right decision...Because it just seems that people will pick it apart and hear what they want .. and that is sad in itself....

Good luck to everyone....

I am sorry if I upset anyone ....

Where do I begin...I thought this board was to think outside of the box and to be open to other things...I am new to all of this and am saddened by all the talk of money and doubts...If that is all that is important than don't post.. We to as a family have spoken to Dr Sims and our child has been helped by him...We would have begged and borrowed to see if he could help...And why are the videos on Dr Sims's website not good enough? Do you think they were paid?? Well if you have spoken to or seen Dr Sims you know that it isn't true...I guess just please try and be truthful....He truely can help people...

I have chosen not to post my experience ....and I know now that I have made the right decision...Because it just seems that people will pick it apart and hear what they want .. and that is sad in itself....

Wow....that was harsh! Maybe if more people would post their experiences with Dr. Sims then we wouldn't be so skeptical. I know every single person on this forum would pay any amount of money if it would mean no more tics. We have all spent a lot of money already on doctors, tests, supplements, food and for some of us (like me) I have yet to find something to help my son. I am going to see Dr. Sims next week and I am hopeful that he will be able to help. However, I have asked him a lot of questions and am not going to just throw my money at him. I am still going to be careful. If you would like to help people who are suffering through this as you have, maybe you could post your story.

newtotics,

I agree with mylittleangle, we would do anything to help our kids, no matter what the costs. I don't think anyone was saying that the price was outrageous, just verbalizing. I don't think we were skeptical, but if some were, do you blame us after trying so many other things to help our kids? If someone like you would share their experience with Dr. Sims, it would help all of us better understand how the device actually works. For example, does it only work for people who only have motor tics in the facial area, or does it help with all tics, both vocal and or motor.

We are simply verbalizing our concerns, not being critical of something we don't know more facts about.

Linda

newtotics,

Sorry you feel that way. Most members on this forum are trying so hard to find ways to help their children who have tics. We come to this forum to talk with others and to try to help each other. I find Dr.Sims work very interesting, if he could help my sons tics then I would pay the money and borrow if it would help my son. Please do not be offended by the questions others have, they are just trying to see if it could possibly help their child. After living with their child's tics for along time and trying lots of things and it only helps some, then you just have to keep trying and looking for different things. So that is why they are so many questions from others and me. The video's on Dr.Sims website, I have tried to look at but some writing comes up and it's nothing to do with the patients, in the picture. So if I could actually look at the videos, I would really appericate it. If I went to see Dr.Sim and he helped my son, I would be shouting it from the roof tops!! And try to get the word out, to helps others with tics. If you could share your experience, I would really appericate it!!! Char... :wacko:

newtotics,

wow, your post is most welcome, but I think you have approached us all wrong here. you are sorry if you upset anyone? well, you managed to upset me, and I will be the first to say so. Several of us here will be persuing this avenue and have spoken to Dr. Sims. No one here is saying that any amount of money is too much, quite the opposite. but as with anything in life that has little info available, caution is only natural.

No offense to you, but if this has helped your child, and you obviously are aware of our forum, why have you not posted any info that could help our kids before today? Any tidbit of info regarding treatment for our kids that are free of drugs are certainly welcome. that's what we do here, share info and experience, as well as offer each other moral support. while I do appreciate your opinion and post, possibly a more tactful approach would have been a better choice. We are ALL looking outside the box, that's why we're here. The parent who posted this thread in the first place is to be thanked for bringing us this info, wether or not it may be helpful to all or not.

No one knows for sure what is what (with Dr. Sims or ANYTHING else until it is experienced first hand.) Some here have mild tics and some, not so much. I think those that may want to persue this are those that have taken the natural route or even medications and have not had longlasting or enough success. Traveling to see a doctor and knowing that a good amount of money is involved are neccesary info to weigh how worth persuing this is. I believe that the nervous system can be helped by other means, and some here have or have had mild tics that may or may not be outgrown in time. If I was of that group, I may take this info into consideration and then decide what I think is best for my child. If he had minor tic and I was able to control most of it thru other interventions, then I might say, well let's not rock the boat and go thru all this. But there are some of us who have been at it for several years and still have problems, and some of it is because it is hard to stick to the dietary when our child is of a certain age and does not comply absolutely. These are the problems I am facing, and I feel that it is a worthwhile endeavor, because medication will then be the next step. But many have come here and found that some changes have helped a great deal and are already at a point where their child is basically tic free. I wish I was there, but I am not. Some of us here have had a lot of ups and downs and have spent alot of money already.

I am glad you posted, but somewhat disappointed that you know about this board and had not come here to tell of your experience. Some of us here are in a pretty bad way, and I think it is unfair for you to assume that some are worried about money, but doing research and practicing well placed caution is what educated people should do.....

Faith

OUCH!!!

Wild horses could not keep me from this forum tomorrow. You all deserve the truth, I will be sharing what ever that truth may be.

Dr. Sims said he was a man of God. He praises God for this knowlege, to not post ones experience I feel would be disobedient.

CP