ACN Latitudes Forums

Any one heard of Dr. Sims

ccc

mylittleangel,

Do you live within driving distance of MD? I'll be praying.

This is good ccc appt. is July 13 ours is the 14th and yours is the 20th we should have some good info to bounce off each other.

CP

Hi CP,

I do not live within driving distance of MD. It will actually be quite a trip for me. I am coming from Toronto. Were you told that you would have to stay for 3-4 days after the initial appointment if he says he can help? I have booked flights for my family (4) but am not getting my hopes up. I am going to assume that he will not be able to help and therefore have booked my return flight for the day after my appointment. I have also only booked a hotel room for 1 night. I just can't believe that something so simple could be the answer to my prayers. I would love to have gotten an appointment on the 14th and had a chance to meet with you. I look forward to hearing your results. I only hope that we all find success.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH wouldn't that be a blessing if this was the answer to all our prayers.

I live in VA about an hour from his office so he knew we were close. Around here in the DC area an hour travel time anywhere is a good time. I will let you know right away what he says so you have time to change your plans. What kind of tics are in your family? My son is mostly vocal and has been as bad as one could be to the point of screaming. If he can help him I'll be thanking this man for the rest of my life.

God Bless,

CP

OH wouldn't that be a blessing if this was the answer to all our prayers.

I live in VA about an hour from his office so he knew we were close. Around here in the DC area an hour travel time anywhere is a good time. I will let you know right away what he says so you have time to change your plans. What kind of tics are in your family? My son is mostly vocal and has been as bad as one could be to the point of screaming. If he can help him I'll be thanking this man for the rest of my life.

God Bless,

CP

My youngest son is mostly vocal as well. My older son's are so mild (a bit of eye blinking and occasional jaw streching) but he grinds his teeth terribly at night and I am afraid as he gets into puberty things will get worse. I figure if I am already going for my youngest I might as well have Dr. Sims evaluate my oldest. I would so appreciate hearing from you after your appointment so it would give me a better idea of how I should plan my trip. Keep in touch. I'll be praying for you.

There was just a post from a mother of a child who Dr. Sims helped. It's from http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/2...food-allergies/

ryansmom Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Hi everyone…. Ryan has been wearing his device for 2 months now…AND LET ME TELL YOU !!!IT IS TRUELY AMAZING..our ds tics are GONE!! no vocals…no motors..

I have the whole thing on video.

We had the device glued in ryan’s mouth so he wouldn’t loose it and so he can swim with it he is only 5.5 ..It took him about 2-4 days to get used to it but now it’s like he has always had it…

Our life has turned around.. we are so grateful for Dr Sims…He is our angel.. if any one would like to talk with me i would be happy to share the whole story…

Just curious as to other conditions that come along with the tics/TS like OCD, sensory disorders etc...

Does it help with the whole package or just the tics?

Secondly if the tourette gene is into play girls can have just OCD as a symptom and not display tics....so would it help the child that just displays OCD as a symptom of tourettes??

Lastly,

Is this thing comfortable for someone to wear? can they talk normal? what about teeth brushing if you have it glued like that Mom stated??

Sorry so many questions...I will admit this still does have my curiosity but not completely comfortable with it all yet.

Can't WAIT to hear replies from the first visitor there! Isn't that you CSP?????

Maybe tics can be triggered from some form of TMJ and these are the patients thet are benefiting????

Gee I really wish someone was going tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! to hear about it!!!

Has anyone spoken with Dr. Sims regarding adults with Tourette's, if his approach can work for them? Would you just wear the device always? I am guessing for kids, there could be hope that when the face and jaw grow to their final form, you might not need the device anymore?

Michael

I know he has treated adults. I read that a 52 year old male who was a chairman for TSA was treated and tic-free afterwards. Again, I don't know the facts but that is what I read. Also from what I understand you wear the retainer for a year and then get surgery to premanently fix it?? Can anyone who has talked to Dr Sims clarify this?

Myrose,

Your earlier post on this thread--post 38--contained a report, where he did state that it helped related symptoms, not just tics. Thank you so much for posting it by the way, I was happy to read it and pass it on to a couple of my doctors. This claim was on page 7.

It was interesting how it was written, and wonder if it was a mistake in language. It says, quoting, "This procedure eliminates the chronic noxious stimuli into the CNS via the auriculotemporal nerve, by decreasing and/or eliminating the movement disorder involving tics and the associated co-morbid conditions." If I understand correctly, this is actually saying that the procedure reduces the tics and related conditions, and as a result, it eliminates the noxious stimuli into the CNS. I can't help but think he meant to say the reverse--that eliminating the noxious stimuli reduces the tics and related conditions--this reverse meaning would be given by changing the word "by" to a "thereby" or a "therefore".

In any event, the claim is made that the related symptoms are reduced, and it makes sense to me, that, if this has any merit at all, it would reduce the related symptoms too. These "co-morbid symptoms", that so many people talk about and treat as if they are entirely different conditions, are actually caused by the same neurological problems (whether it's a compressed nerve as Dr. Sims believes, or something else), and so it is reasonable to expect they would be helped as well.

Michael

We are going to have an appointment on Monday, the 29 with my girl.

I will try to make a list of questions and will post the answers. When we talked to him (Dr. Sims ) he did not mentioned any surgery, just braces, but I will make sure what is the following procedure.

Something just came to my mind.....what about those who's tics eventually go away??? or even get considerly less

Does this temporomandibular joint re-align itself at sometime??

Sorry for all the questions....I know I should call and ask myself but I am not there yet (if you know what I mean)

Good Luck to everyone going to see Dr. Sims...anxious to hear the outcome!!!! I had TMJ when I was in high school and remember the big appliance I had to wear to correct it. Mine looked worse than the one he made and I survived it <_<

So am i understanding it right that the kids only have to wear it for so long and then they can stop or is this a lifelong thing they have to wear.....

Wonder if you have your kids tics under control say with medicine or supplements if you have to go off it all before you go and see Dr. Sims so you can see if it is working or not.

We live in Pa so not too far to run to MD...I told my neice about this and she almost had her car started to head there LOL I know the cost looks high but we spent 2500.00 a few years back for our preschooler who had a cross bite..... I think this would be better money spent!!!!!

Keep us posted everyone going!!!! and GOOD LUCK

Mary

Just a side note for anyone thinking about taking the trip to MD, and are concerned about the cost to travel. If it sounds like a lot and the thought of having to spend 3 days is a little biting to the wallet I just wanted to let you all know who have never visited this area that DC is loaded with "FREE" things to do.

Just thought that may take the sting out of the $$$$.

CP

I wish I could understand this all a bit better. I have been reading but feel I am a bit brain fried from all the reading and research over the past two years!

Its been proven that certain foods can lessen or relieve tics so what does that have to do with the alignement?

Do you think all the doctors are right and that food does not play a role in all this.....they say its all the wax and wane.....

I am not saying this is true...I have for sure identified some triggers but everybody (doctors) continue to look at me like I have 8 heads when I have mentioned food as a part of it.....

So I am now REALLY confused!