ACN Latitudes Forums

Geodon

Dr doesnt want to up the risperdal hes on .5 2xper day also he takes topamax and buspar today wasnt as good as yesterday I just want good days I have to change chool for the summer I know this is going to be a nightmare Danny is 15 and he does have Aspergers has been dxed since 3 yrs old Does anyone know if zith really causes any problems?

I just googled zithromax and risperdal and below is what I found at http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/zit...dal_d03180.html. Looks like it can increase the risk of ventricular arrhythmias. I'm sure it must take underlying factors into consideration as well as dosage. Best to check with your psychiatrist.

Nancy

azithromycin and risperidone (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Theoretically, concurrent use of two or more drugs that can cause QT interval prolongation may increase the risk of ventricular arrhythmias, including ventricular tachycardia and torsades de pointes, due to additive arrhythmogenic potential related to their effects on cardiac conduction. The risk of an individual agent or a combination of these agents causing ventricular arrhythmia in association with QT prolongation is largely unpredictable but may be increased by certain underlying risk factors such as congenital long QT syndrome, cardiac disease, and electrolyte disturbances (e.g., hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia). In addition, the extent of drug-induced QT prolongation is dependent on the particular drug(s) involved and dosage(s) of the drug(s).

MANAGEMENT: Caution and clinical monitoring are recommended if multiple agents associated with QT interval prolongation are prescribed together. Patients should be advised to seek medical attention if they experience symptoms that could indicate the occurrence of torsades de pointes such as dizziness, palpitations, or syncope.

I just spoke with the pharmacy they said that its ok to give him the zith so ill give it to him again Why did u choose the pen over the zith?

My son takes Omnicef and Abilify and Celexa together. Abilify and Risperdal ar supposed to be pretty much alike. Do you work with a psych. They have aot of knowledge about meds that can be taken together. Ours always refers to a drug guide for interactions. Our next drug of choice will be switching to Risperdal if the Abilify keeps wearing off. We were up to 15 mg a day and then had to add 3.5 during this latest setback. I wouldn't think they would give you both to take if they were not okay to take together, unless the same Dr. didn't prescribe them. Our psych makes us list every med we are on at each visit. Call the office they ususally have a nurses line.

Michele

Dr doesnt want to up the risperdal hes on .5 2xper day also he takes topamax and buspar today wasnt as good as yesterday I just want good days I have to change chool for the summer I know this is going to be a nightmare Danny is 15 and he does have Aspergers has been dxed since 3 yrs old Does anyone know if zith really causes any problems?

I just spoke with the pharmacy they said that its ok to give him the zith so ill give it to him again Why did u choose the pen over the zith?

I thought so, but best to check anyway. We have tried 5-6 different antibiotics over the past 7 years. Penicillin always worked the best and was the least problemsome as far as yeast. The one that we have not tried, which I am interested in trying, is augmentin. I'm going to check with our DAN doctor next month when we see him. In the meantime, we are finding IVIG to have the most profound effect on her symptoms. It has been amazing!!

Nancy

Thanks, everyone....I was a little worried about the response I would get, so thank you all for being graceful about it.

Dd is taking Keflex with the Geodon. Risperdal caused weight gain in the past-doctor thinks geodon is more weight neutral. The issue here is that I am on my eighth antibiotic for strep and it's not going anywhere!! The rages are like Nancy described--we haven't been able to leave the house, doors, walls, being ruined, we are all scared of her basically. We've had two good days on the geodon--I can't even tell you what a relief it is-the amount of energy that was going into these rages is just phenomenal.

Azith is something you can't take with geodon-it reacts with it somehow, same with fluconazole.

Thanks, everyone....I was a little worried about the response I would get, so thank you all for being graceful about it.

Dd is taking Keflex with the Geodon. Risperdal caused weight gain in the past-doctor thinks geodon is more weight neutral. The issue here is that I am on my eighth antibiotic for strep and it's not going anywhere!! The rages are like Nancy described--we haven't been able to leave the house, doors, walls, being ruined, we are all scared of her basically. We've had two good days on the geodon--I can't even tell you what a relief it is-the amount of energy that was going into these rages is just phenomenal.

Azith is something you can't take with geodon-it reacts with it somehow, same with fluconazole.

Do you mean zith and flucanozole or geodon and flucanazole?

Do you mean zith and flucanozole or geodon and flucanazole?

I agree im not sure the zith is right either