ACN Latitudes Forums

What are your experience with Bontech TS plus vitamin

I was wondering if anyone has used with any success the Bontech TS plus vitamin. I have a 7 year old son who has tourettes. Right now he's on clonidine and he's been doing very well on it. However, in the last 2 weeks his tics have reappered. I would love to hear your experiences with this vitamin and wondering if anyone has taken it with clonidine?

thanks in advance.

We used it. We have never taken clonidine, though. I think there may be drug interactions with some supplements so you should check with your doctor about that. We have allergy induced tics over here and later learned that our son has celiac and severe wheat/corn allergies. When we modified his diet we eventually learned that the high doses in the TS-Control were no longer necessary as his body was absorbing nutrients better. But we used Bonnie's TS-Control for about a year. He now is on much lower doses of vits and has been symptom free for quite a while. So I keep my fingers crossed. He was originally dxd with a chronic multifocal tic disorder and had behavioral issues (onset age 3). He is now 6 1/2 and we do a low dose of Country Life Basic B capsules (higher B12 and B5 than most and this seems to agree well with him). We used to use Benadryl for allergy issues but now he no longer seems to need it. I wonder if it is because of the B5 levels in this supp?

If you are new to all of this I think the TS-Control is a good start. It got my son to a functional level while we took the time to sort out what the causes could be. So I do believe that they work. We still saw rages even with the vits if he ate foods with chemicals, especially MSG and maltodextrin, High Fructose Corn Syrup. We do not have inherited TS in the family but we do have digestive issues and ADHD issues, Learning Disabilities, both associated with gluten intolerance and Celiac. So that is our history. I think it is important for you to know as you consider your options.

The other thing you could try is doing a no artificial colors, flavors and preservatives diet (Feingold or Failsafe). This has been very important to my son's recovery. With the vitamins it helped us keep our little guy in preschool (they wanted to kick him out for bad behavior toward others). He had missed two weeks prior to us starting the vits and Feingold diet. We were pretty desperate, and pretty surprised when it actually helped. (In our case the neuro wanted us to wait 6 months for a script.) The vits and diet worked so well that we never needed the script.

He now has no behavioral issues. He is still on the diet and has to stay on it or the tics/behaviors will emerge again.

Hello,

The TS-Plus has been so helpful to my son Daniel. He has been on it since he was 5 and now he is almost 9. I did not realize how much it was helping him until I tried switching to a different product and within a month his tics came back full force. Another time I tried cutting his dose in half, just to save some money, and he seemed fine for a while. Then his body became depleted of the vitamins and minerals, from not getting enough, and the tics have came back. So I realized I could not "cheat" and try to save money. He is on the recommended dose for his wieght now and doing great. It is an expensive product but well worth it. The biggest pain is it is so many vitamins for him to take but it is such a part of his life and he realizes now the benefit of the vitamins which makes it so much easier.

He is also on many other supplements. For example NAC (N-Acteylcysteine), Omega's, Probiotics, Glycine, GABA (when having anxiety), additional vitamin C, PS-100 (this helps promote a healthy brain), additional magnesium taurate when needed. But the TS-Plus has been a big part of him getting better along with diet changes. His body has become so much more tolerant to foods that use to offend him and cause him tics. We also have used enzymes in the past to help his body break down food his body was not doing that well before.

Daniel is getting to the peak age of tics 9-11 and he is WAY better then he ever was prior to the supplements and diet changes. It is such a testimony to me that indeed so many people with Tourettes/Tics are dealing with intestinal issues and a liver not processing chemicals and neurotransmitters correctly. Getting the intestines healed and the liver is absolutely key in getting answers for your child.

I gave this example yesterday to someone on the forum. When a person drinks alcohol a person does not get drunk by pouring it directly into the head. It first goes into the intestines and then makes its way to the brain. Ultimately the brain is effected from what was going on in the digestive track. It is the same way with tics/tourettes it starts with getting the intestines in good functioning order and the liver too. I really believe the TS-Plus is a big part in helping this. I don't think it is a complete picture of what is needed but certainly a huge part of the puzzle for us.

Have a great day!

Carolyn

Hi

we have never used the BonTech range but I did base my son's initial supplement protocol on Bonnie Grimaldi's earlier published formula. As my son responded well to the individual supps we were giving him, I didnt change when BonTech TS plus etc came out.

We have a number of members here who, like Carolyn, have seen tremendous benefit for their child in taking the carefully formulated products from BonTech

a few have however noticed an increase in tics when using them. for some that has leveled off after the initial waxing and the results have been good. Others have found the waxing continues and it seems some people may have sensitivity to one or more of the ingredients (maybe the high B's??) and their tics waned again when they stopped using the TS plus and/or the fishoil (some here, including my son, seem to not tolerate fishoil well and do better on flaxseed oil).

overall tho, if your child reacts well to them and if you can afford it, the BonTech range of supps for TS hasan excellent track record :D

Carolyn.N

Hi, Just wondering what does the Glycine actually help with? How does it help your son? How long after starting to take it, did you see it help your son? On my sons OAT test it said he has high Sulfate? Do you know how I can help out this problem and this goes along with a sluggish liver right?? Does this mean my son can not tolerate sulfates? I think I read that your son has this problem too or maybe I'm wrong and thinking of someone else!! I have read so much on here it's hard to remember sometimes who wrote what. So sorry if I'm thinking you wrote it and it was someone else. Anyhow, thanks for any feedback...

rysmom58,

My son has been on ts-plus now for 7 months. I think it helps him because everytime I try to cut back on the vitamins, my son gets more hyper and tics really pick up more then they usually do. My son is super skinny so, I also thought giving him vitamins will not hurt him and maybe it will help him. So yes, I do think the ts-plus helps my son, more with the hyperness then the tics though. Hope the tics clam down for your son soon... Char

Char,

I read a long time ago that the more processing corn goes through the higher the sulfates in it. Makes sense to me. My son still gets a bad reaction to high fructose corn syrup but has been exposed to corn flour without episode last spring.

I think a lot has to do with Carolyn's theory. My son's immune system right now is really strong. I anticipate that when it weakens he will again get symptoms. I agree that it is connected to liver function.

I started the NAC supplement recently and have found that with it I no longer need the Benadryl. Why? Not sure. Maybe the NAC affords him a 'bigger bucket'? Maybe his spring allergies are not so bad anymore. Dunno. My hunch is that the NAC is helping his body produce more glutathione and this is helping his liver detox more efficiently.

I give a very low dose. (About a 1/4 of a capsule a day).

Remember, I don't do as many vitamins as Carolyn. My son is much smaller (only 6 but under 50 lbs), and I have him on a strict diet for Celiac.

So these are two different avenues of attack for what seems like the same underlying problem. Not everyone does a restrictive diet. One may argue that the supps are expensive, but so is buying gluten free snacks....

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Yes, I agree with Cheri on the high B's. It is not for everyone. Just start out low and work your way up to the point where you see a difference. We started out with four a day (I believe-- been a while) and wound up doing 10 a day. It really made a difference on its own without any other interventions. I know it works. But like I said, it isn't a miracle cure. A good non-toxic diet is essential. All these kids will wax if they are given too much artificial stuff. For us the yellow dye #5 was atrocious, to the point where I stopped buying pickles and canned peas because I couldn't stand the way it made my son feel/behave, let alone tic. Now pickles and peas are available w/o dyes. Hm......

And like Carolyn.N, we do Omegas (fish oil), probiotics (kefir), NAC (n-acetyl cysteine) and Vit C.

We also do vit E (for immunity), enzymes (not so much anymore but they were vital in the beginning to just get him to digest his food properly), and vit D (in the winter months as we are in a Northern climate). I can't remember the dosage for B5 and B12 on Bontech's TS-control but the supps I currently use are higher in those two than most. B5 is supposed to help support allergy problems. I found that to be true with my son.

Carolyn.N

Hi, Just wondering what does the Glycine actually help with? How does it help your son? How long after starting to take it, did you see it help your son? On my sons OAT test it said he has high Sulfate? Do you know how I can help out this problem and this goes along with a sluggish liver right?? Does this mean my son can not tolerate sulfates? I think I read that your son has this problem too or maybe I'm wrong and thinking of someone else!! I have read so much on here it's hard to remember sometimes who wrote what. So sorry if I'm thinking you wrote it and it was someone else. Anyhow, thanks for any feedback...

rysmom58,

My son has been on ts-plus now for 7 months. I think it helps him because everytime I try to cut back on the vitamins, my son gets more hyper and tics really pick up more then they usually do. My son is super skinny so, I also thought giving him vitamins will not hurt him and maybe it will help him. So yes, I do think the ts-plus helps my son, more with the hyperness then the tics though. Hope the tics clam down for your son soon... Char

Hi Char,

The glycine helps the neurotransmitters run more smoothly and process more correctly. How it actually works I do not understand but I do know that it has certainly helped my son get his tics back under control and also with the use of the B6 vitamin when it is necessary. The two seem to be a really good combination for my son when his tics/anxiety get going.

Daniel is a very healthy boy with no other complications. I don't know what conditions would not allow a person to do this so I would just ask you run it by your doctor first. But my Naturopathic doctor told me to give Daniel 150 mg's of B6 for 3 to 4 days when his tics/anxiety get more elevated. I divide it up during the day in smaller doses and I have even wake him up at midnight to give to him. His anxiety has been highest at times first thing in the morning so the doctor suggested getting some in him in the middle of the night to help alleviate. I have to consider how much B6 he is getting in his multi-vitamin so I empty out some of the B6 in the capsules to make sure he was not getting over the 150 mgs. After the three to four days I was to go back to my normal dose of just over 50 mg's a day. Typically though I find he does not need at high as 150 mg's and I give him 100 mg's instead when he is elevated with the tics/anxiety.

The other thing I did for him when the tics/anxiety gets going is give him 10,000 mg's of Glycine for eight days. After eight days I go back to the normal dose of 4600 mg's a day. I typically do not have to do it for this many days before I see results so typically I can minimize the high amount to just a few days.

My son's main problem is chemical foods (MSG, artificial food dyes, high fructose corn syrup) but in reading and examining all the information I came to the conclusion that a lot of his problem is his liver being low on sulfate ions. These ions help process out toxins and excessive neurotransmitters the body does not need. Here are the posting I did about this a while back http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=sulfation]http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=sulfation[/url] and also some follow up links to this post http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...Carolyn+N\ and also http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...hl=Carolyn%5C.N .

To help out with sulfates not being processed correctly you can check into a product by Houston Enzymes called No-Phenol. It is an enzyme that is suppose to help process the sulfates better. Here is the website https://www.houston-enzymes.com/store/ . Also the NAC, that I referenced up above, should help out with processing the sulfates better too.

Have a great week,

Carolyn