ACN Latitudes Forums

wondering if anyone else has info on this !

I came across this article when i was researching information regarding dopamine levels and their affects on a number of issues- tourettes, adhd, autism. It basically talks about a drug (AM404) that regulates dopamine. AM404 does not block dopamine receptors. Instead, it blocks the inactivation of the neurotransmitter anandamide. Anandamide is similar to marijuana's active ingredient, THC and belongs to a class of neurotransmitters called endogenous cannabinoids since it is naturally produced by some of the brain's nerve cells.

The article states that AM404's selection of nerve cells may mean that treatments may not have the side effects of many current drugs, which aren't as selective about the nerve cells they impact.

Now this was written back in 2000- does anyone here have any further information that might be helpful? I was hoping so :( Below are two articles. The second one sounds like they don't have it ready for people yet. Wondering it there is a natural way to activate Anandamide??? I know exercise does increase it as well as smoking weed b/c of the THC.

Also, just to add that Dopamine can be a big part of anxiety, impulsiveness, addiction, lots of different things. When there is not enough OR if there is too much dopamine being produced, this neurotransmitter anandamide, controls the amount. When it isn't working properly, it affects people with add, autism, addiction, tourettes etc. It seems to be a very important link.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/...00503183344.htm

http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20021116/msgs/128458.html