ACN Latitudes Forums

mile run

My daughter had to do a mile run in gym yesterday. I't took her 11 minutes. She use to be able to do it in 6 mins when she was in track a few years ago. Well any way her legs are really hurting today. IS that normal. According to her everybody else is fine in class. She woke up this morning and she said she felt like she was going to colaspe that her legs where giving out. I remember when I was young when I did too much excersize I felt the same. Sometimes I feel like I worry too much about everything. My daughter excersizes mostly everyday. She told me today the teachers where asking her why she was not doing certain things in gym and she told them her legs hurt but they did not take her serious and thought she was kidding.

Maryann,

not sure how old your daughter is but a friend of mine has a son who legs (calves) hurt alot and they dismissed it to growing pains.

Her husband said his legs hurt the same way.

I know some believe in growing pains and some do not......just thought I would mention it.

Not sure what the doctors call is on growing pains either...

Maryann,

not sure how old your daughter is but a friend of mine has a son who legs (calves) hurt alot and they dismissed it to growing pains.

Her husband said his legs hurt the same way.

I know some believe in growing pains and some do not......just thought I would mention it.

Not sure what the doctors call is on growing pains either...

Hi Myrose My daughter is 15. I don't think it is growing pains. It is from the mile run. I was comparing her to the other kids and she said they are fine. My daughter does excersize almost everyday so I would think a mile run would not effect her as it did.

Then I was thinking mabey everyone legs hurt and my daughter the only one complaining .

Hi Maryann,

Did your dd take an epsom salts bath yet?

My son, 15yo too, plays so much sports and he does complain about sore legs, sometimes its arms. He says it does go away after the baths. I have offen wondered if my sons problem was like what weight lifting does to the muscles. Maybe a guy could explain this better, but why one does not weight lift the same muscles two days in a row.

Maybe your daughter just ran her heart out that day and needs those leg muscles to repair themselves.

CP

Hi Maryann,

Did your dd take an epsom salts bath yet?

My son, 15yo too, plays so much sports and he does complain about sore legs, sometimes its arms. He says it does go away after the baths. I have offen wondered if my sons problem was like what weight lifting does to the muscles. Maybe a guy could explain this better, but why one does not weight lift the same muscles two days in a row.

Maybe your daughter just ran her heart out that day and needs those leg muscles to repair themselves.

CP

Hi, I forgot about Epson salt- Thanks CSP