ACN Latitudes Forums

Chalazion

I took my daughter to the eye doctor last week. She has had a stye since late October. This is the second doctor I saw he never said it was a stye I did and he never corrected me and said any different.Im starting to think it is a chalazion(lump in the eye lid). He put her on antibiotics and drops. It looked like it was going away and now its coming back. He mentioned surgery and of course my daughter wants anesthesia. I am having her put a hot cloth on her eye 4 times a day now. Does anybody know what else I could do. I read about the chalazion and from reading about it only 5% have surgery and it should be your last resort.

Thanks

Ps I asked my doctor if this could have any thing to do with the tics, meaning the immune system. He looked at me like I had two heads and said its like a pimple and has nothing to do with tics. My daughter of course was embarrassed that I asked. I still think there is a connection. I remember the first time she had tics in her neck it was her first tic. She also had a eye infection her eyelid was swollen and when we went to doctor

he called it a wierd name I never heard of and I bet it was a chalazion. He gave ointment and it went away. Again; this time when she got it her eye was ticing something I have not seen in a few months. I hate going to doctors!!!!

• 1 month later...
I took my daughter to the eye doctor last week. She has had a stye since late October. This is the second doctor I saw he never said it was a stye I did and he never corrected me and said any different.Im starting to think it is a chalazion(lump in the eye lid). He put her on antibiotics and drops. It looked like it was going away and now its coming back. He mentioned surgery and of course my daughter wants anesthesia. I am having her put a hot cloth on her eye 4 times a day now. Does anybody know what else I could do. I read about the chalazion and from reading about it only 5% have surgery and it should be your last resort.

Thanks

Ps I asked my doctor if this could have any thing to do with the tics, meaning the immune system. He looked at me like I had two heads and said its like a pimple and has nothing to do with tics. My daughter of course was embarrassed that I asked. I still think there is a connection. I remember the first time she had tics in her neck it was her first tic. She also had a eye infection her eyelid was swollen and when we went to doctor

he called it a wierd name I never heard of and I bet it was a chalazion. He gave ointment and it went away. Again; this time when she got it her eye was ticing something I have not seen in a few months. I hate going to doctors!!!!

Hi Marriane

My name is Perry Ambrose. Last October I contracted a Chalazion that I now believe was as a result of a five day stay in the hospital. There is a lot of disagreement about the cause of chalazions. One theory is that is is caused by a low grade staph (rampant in hospitals) infection in the eye. When my eye doctors discovered the infection (several months later) he prescribed antibiotics. I avoid them like the plague. I instead filled an eye cup with 10 ppm colloidal silver and held it to the eye for 15 seconds while blinking, morning and night. I had the chalazion for 6 months before instituting this procedure. It took about 3 weeks for the bump to disappear. Prior to this I had tried every home treatment I had ever heard of with no success. Hope this helps. You can email me directly if you like at: pambrose@sbcglobal.net