ACN Latitudes Forums

Last night on Topamax

Hi Abbe,

is your son still on Topamax? do you use any kind of daily antihistamine or just the benadryl when needed?

Deanna

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we just got the script for her to start her OT therapy again so this is good.

Myrose,

would you mind sharing what the OT is for? Do you or DID you find it helpful the first time around? I really believe that some of my daughters tics/compulsions are sensory and i'm wondering if OT would take care of that?

Hi Abbe,

is your son still on Topamax? do you use any kind of daily antihistamine or just the benadryl when needed?

Deanna

Deanna,

Sorry for the delay. I have been so crazy over here with Nicholas birthday party and his bigger brothers graduation/overnight camp etc. Ok so Nick is on 15 mg topamax. He just turned 8 and is 50 some lbs. The 15 mg is all I ever used. I continue to try and guess what Nicks root cause is and last week I felt mold might be an issue for a number of reasons. His doctor put him on homeopathic drops called Toxic fungi-mold nosode. Ever since he went on them he has been tic free again. His tics were bad 2 weeks ago when it kept raining and I gave him benedryl for two nights as an experiment and they went away. I still believe ultimately that once his body is built up enough allergies won't be a trigger. He has a low gultathione level and his doc said he tested poorly for NAC> He tested positive for cysteine and I had started that also at the same time as the drops. I also added co q 10 and a adrenal complex. I am not sure what is working but I am keeping his program like this for a while. I am going away on vacation but when I get back I am going to introduce chlorella to rid him of the mercury that his doc says he has. the adrenal complex is called miladrene. Hope this helps

abbe

Thanks Abbe,

ANother quick question were all things you mentioned detected in blood word? glad things are going well again for Nicholas. talk to you soon.

Deanna

Thanks Abbe,

ANother quick question were all things you mentioned detected in blood word? glad things are going well again for Nicholas. talk to you soon.

Deanna

Deanna,

I only got blood work done on Nicholas once. Most of the things I detected were from the acid urine test and through his doctor doing muscle testing.

I am sorry I am sooooooooo crazy right now with my kids and I am going to Jamaica for a wek!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! But when I get back I can help you some more if you want

abbe

powerofprayer....

The OT was and is for Integration Sensory Disorder. She has a lot of trouble with clothing and things. I remember once when the shower felt like pins and needles to her.

It comes and goes now which is a mystery to us. This week she is wearing everything she would not ever normally wear.

Then lets say in about two weeks from now she will have trouble wearing her school uniform top because of the logo stitched on it.

Then it will spread to everything is uncomfortable! And then it goes away again.

I/we deceided to continue with another evaluation and therapy to make sure it never gets as bad as it was when it started.It also seemed to benefit her in my opinion but money got to be so tight at $350.00 a week for it that we had to stop for a bit.

Now we will start again and also do all the recommended timing and lenght (she is covered on a program now that covers all of it)

What a relief!