ACN Latitudes Forums

A prayer that has given me lots of comfort

Guest Ronna

We just had a teaching at church tonite on the blessings that come from when God knows best! Even tho we think the prayer is unanswered...He is orchestrating everything PERFECTLY because He sees the whole outcome, not just the tiny fraction that we are praying about.

It is like a tapestry...if you see it from below...there are lots of dangling threads...but from above....it is a perfect, complete and beautiful work!

Claire, I join with you in praying for the best outcome possible that God has planned for you. May His peace envelop you as you wait for His perfect answer :lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chemar,

A wonderful analogy and it made me smile...blessings to you and your family. As you know I was recently at Fatima and jeepers one of my prayers/reflections from that day actually happened for our family.

The power of prayer is so very powerful. The Holy Spirit talks to us all of the time but we must take the time to listen. We all have that voice within us that will guide us in caring for our children.

Take Care,

Ronna

Hi everyone,

Please include my daughter and I in your prayers for God's guidance, wisdom and help as we visit the doctor tomorrow, to seek advice/help in dealing with the transcient tic my daughter is experiencing. Please pray that, if it is His Will, God will use this doctor to bring healing to my daughter. I pray that this will be a very positive experience.

In Him

Sherry

Now that everyone is talking about God I have a question. Do or have any of you who attend christian churches have prayer groups or the pastor himself pray for your situation. God can heal anyone at any time, so it has always has been very interesting to me. I personally had one shoulder that was longer then the other and a preacher at my old church prayed for me right there and my mom and brother said that my arm evened out. I have never had anyone pray for my social anxiety, tics/ocd condition though, so I was just wondering if anyone has or not. It is a big gamble to have it be prayed for and not get better because then everyone would know and id feel really weird, and feel as if everyone expected me to get better, and were always watching for it and stuff. I think about this a lot. I pray for my situation and others every night but things dont just poof improve, and I know that they can through Jesus Christ. Jesus created everyone and everything and can surely alter anything, God performed so many known miracles in the old testament but now the miracles God performs arent so public. I know of people being healed of heart problems, cancer and such but I havent ever heard about disorders having to do with your brain and Tics and stuff.

Id love to hear your comments.

thanks Shawn

Hi Shawn

when my son's TS was really bad, we did exactly what it says in James 5:14

Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.

It was a very precious event for my son, and things progressed rapidly from there on in an amazing way that caused us to stop the meds that were hurting more than helping him, and start the natural treatment, which has totally turned things around for him for the better!

We also asked the Pastor (who counsels with my son) to continuously pray for him, and he was on our church prayer chain and the Moms in Touch prayer group too. Plus multitudes of family and friends all lifting a chorus of prayer for him

And, BEST OF ALL, my son came to his own deep and personal Faith and trust in the Lord!!!

:D

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and especially to you Sherry for your comforting words. It feels so much better to know there are other people who udnerstand.

Can anyone advise if there are any good alternative care doctors in the miami/ft lauderdale area? (or anywhere nearby) who could assess my daughter and treat her?

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thank you everyone for your prayers!

Things worked out for my son on the 'direct path' that I prayed and hoped for--we just found out today!

I kept thinking about the other paths, and I am very glad that God chose this one for us! My son is happy also.

A-very-happy-Claire ^_^

Hello Everyone,

I'm asking once again for prayers as my daughter and I visit with the doctor tomorrow afternoon re the transcient tic she has developed. Unfortunately the appointment which was scheduled previously had to be cancelled but I'm praying for God to use this doctor to bring healing to my daughter.

Thanks again for all the support!

Regards,

Sherry

Hi Sherry

I pray that you will have a good doctor visit and that the Lord will give insight and guidance into what is causing the tic and how to treat it.

and

Claire

I was so happy to read you praise report!

^_^

Thanks Chemar! :) The doctor visit went really welly. It turns out that my daughter has a sensitivity to corn and the blooms of a stree whcih are currently blooming. The doc thinks that the severe blinking she has been having is to do with allergies amd she is now on eye drops. The doc pointed out as well the evidence of allergies : allergy shine. So hopefully she is corect and this will completely healed and over it rapidly.

Thanks again for all the support!

Sherry

Thanks for the update Sherry.

I am convinced that so many of the problems we face in life with health issues can be related to allergies and/or toxins!

Isnt it great to have something concrete now to work from!

Hoping this gets your daughter on a rapid recovery path

God Bless

Cheri

:)

Hi again!

Thank you Cheri! I am so very grateful for this ever supportive community here. :)

Please keep the prayers going up as today I can see a marked improvement in my daughter's symptoms.Thank God! The blinking etc is no where near as bad as it was yesterday. The doctor said it would take about three days and today is only the second one. This is another example of how God answers our prayers!

Thanks again.

God bless,

Sherry

Guest Guest_efgh

Sherry

Did you go to a general naturopath or to a DAN doctor? Did the eye drops help the blinking or are you also combining some food elimination diet? Did your child only have eye blinking tics - if not, are the eye drops helping the OTHER tics as well?

Can you please let me know which eye drops your doctor prescribed?

thanks and please continue to keep us posted.

God bless!

efgh