ACN Latitudes Forums

A prayer that has given me lots of comfort

Guest Ronna

Hi again!

Well praises everyone! I'm very happy to report great progress in my daughter's healing re the facial tic she had been experiencing. Thank you for the many prayers and please keep them going up. :)

efgh I took my daughter to a qualified Medical Doctor (GP) who has also been trained as an Acupuncturist and is a BodyTalk practitioner (information on Body Talk can be found here: http://www.bodytalksystem.com/index.cfm). The doctor was able to detect from examination of my child's eyes that there were clear signs of an allergic reaction including "allergy shine" (dark circle under the lower eyelid) and a kind of sandpapery look inside the lower lid. The Doctor used Body Talk to detect what she could be sensitive to and an allergy to corn and pollen from a certain tree was detected. As a result Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops were prescribed to be used 3 times per day. We are also eliminating corn and corn products from her diet for approx one week and thereafter the offending veg will be re-introduced into her diet. By the end of that time she should be desensitised and able to eat the offending food without reaction. Thus far, by the second day in fact, there was a marked improvement and I continue to see progress being made. To answer your other query efgh the main tic was around her eyes with some movement at the corners of her mouth. The twitching has greatly subsided and I only saw a few minor twitches today. As I said, we are extremely grateful. Go is good. :)

Without question I would strongly encourage everyone to look closer at BodyTalk. I know most definately that it works, not only with my experience this time but, in fact, approx 2 years ago my daughter had a strong allergic reaction to something and broke out in hives which would not go away. After all sorts of unsuccessful treatments and prescriptions, in desperation I called a BodyTalk practitioner and within 2 days the allergy disappeared and has never returned.

Please note that BodyTalk is non invasive and neither is it an allergy test as such. Many people have been desensitized through BodyTalk and are now able to eat the foods which would previously cause them harm.

The following quote from the website menitoned above gives a good explanation:

"BodyTalk is an astonishingly simple and effective form of therapy that allows the body's energy systems to be re-synchronized so that they can operate as nature intended. Each system, cell and atom is in constant communication with each other at all times. Through exposure to the stresses of day-to-day life, these lines of communication become compromised, which then leads to a decline in physical, emotional and/or mental health. Reconnecting these lines of communication then enables the body's mechanisms to function at optimal levels, thus preventing disease and rapidly accelerating the healing process. BodyTalk can be used as a stand-alone system to treat many health problems, or seamlessly integrated into any health care system to increase its effectiveness and promote faster healing.

BodyTalk's major assets are its simplicity, safety, and the speed of its results. It is non-invasive, objective in application, and works effectively on humans and animals alike. Even if a BodyTalk technique is performed incorrectly, it simply means that there will be no result or change. It will not make things worse. It follows, therefore, that anyone who receives BodyTalk has nothing to lose and everything to gain as far as their health is concerned."

Here also is a testimonial from an individual who benefited from BodyTalk: " I had a neurological disorder called blepherospasm for over 5 years which is now gone after seeing a practitioner several times. There are thousands of people who suffer from this disorder who I think could be helped too. There is no known cure and the only way to live a semi-normal life is to get Botox injections every 6-8 weeks. This is painful, possible harmful, costly and never really made the symptoms go away."

Hope all of this is helpful!

God bless you all,

Sherry

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest annie

Hello Sherry

Thanks for writing and giving all of this information. I have friends who believe deeply in Body Talk and I visited the site you mentioned, plus a few others. From the reasearch I have done, and from talking with other people, I believe you are on to a good thing here and I have set an appointment to see a practitioner on Saturday.

God bless you in your search for answers Sherry and for sharing your experiences with us.

Annie

p.s. I noticed the lack of response to your last post and find that interesting too. :) Are we the only one's here embracing the idea of non-invasive mind/body treatments? Interesting. I know many people who have benefitted from both acupuncture and Body Talk, so keep the faith!!

• 3 months later...

I have looked into bodytalk and have heard good things about it. I do plan on doing this for my son...the only thing holding me back is $$$ and Kurt is doing quite well right now. If he showed an increase in tics etc. I would not hesitate to try body talk. We live in Canada and bodytalk is available here also.

Ronna

• 2 years later...

I know this is the old topic, but I had such a wonderful moments reading it (thank you Chemar for bringing it back). We ARE children of one God because we feel the same love here in Poland, in America, in Australia, or in Taiwan (Fitforit, you are a wonderful father!). I am so moved by the testimonies I read in this thread. Pope John Paul II said that we here in Europe can learn this pure, deep faith from American people. He was so right!

I also want you to know that I have you all in my prayer. Not only in mine - October is a rosary month in Poland; My firends and I meet every weekday to say a rosary and we also pray for you.

As my gift for you, I give you Ronna's prayer, Memorare, in Polish. It is St. Bernard's prayer. There were many St. Bernards and I don't know which one is the author of this prayer, but the most famous of them, St. Bernard of Clairvaux is the patron of ill children!

Pomnij, o Najświętsza Panno Maryjo,

że nigdy nie słyszano,

abyś opuściła tego,

kto się do Ciebie ucieka,

Twej pomocy wzywa,

Ciebie o przyczynę prosi.

Tą ufnością ożywiony, do Ciebie,

o Panno nad pannami i Matko,

biegnę, do Ciebie przychodzę,

przed Tobą jako grzesznik płaczący staję.

O Matko Słowa,

racz nie gardzić słowami moimi,

ale usłysz je łaskawie i wysłuchaj. Amen.

Irena

(((Irena)))

thanks so much for sharing your heart and your prayer with us

As I mentioned on that other thread, we members here at Latitudes are represented by many different faiths and also welcome our members who choose to have no religion. So I hope no one will be upset that those on this thread have shared their spiritual heart. It was a thread that meandered and showed that we had found great comfort in our faiths during our struggles as parents of children with Tourettes and tics etc, but it by no means excludes our dear members who are of different philosophy. :)

Reading back over this thread and seeing the words of that song about the dad so worried about his son, (He's my son by Mark Schultz) made me remember just how very scared and fragile I was in those early days of our TS journey. And now, even tho my son still has TS and those periods (like now) of waxing tics, yet I see too how God has blessed him through his struggles and grown him into such a fine young man, with courage and determination and compassion.

And I look at myself and know I could never be where I am had I not had God to lean on and to trust through all this

There is another song about a parent's prayer of hope for their child, that I would like to share and which I hope will encourage everyone here

Mark Harris - Find Your Wings

From the album The Line Between The Two

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold

The plans that heaven has for you

Will all too soon unfold

So many different prayers I'll pray

For all that you might do

But most of all I'll want to know

You're walking in the truth

And If I never told you

I want you to know

As I watch you grow

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams

And that faith gives you the courage

To dare to do great things

I'm here for you whatever this life brings

So let my love give you roots

And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind

That leads you through your days

And may conviction keep you strong

Guide you on your way

May there be many moments

That make your life so sweet

Oh, but more than memories

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky

I'll have tears as you take off

But I'll cheer as you fly

These are the first thing I see when I open the ole laptop.

Matt. 19:26

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Matt. 7:7-11

7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him

Wow, so much is being said here. I have to add my five cent story.

Four years ago, a little girl in our school was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, bone cancer. The family needed financial help and we decided to hold a motorcycle run for her before her surgery so that she could ride with her dad. We raised alot of money which was nice, but the amazing part of the story was Amber's recovery. She had been given a 25% survival rate and as she went through the year and multiple surgeries and chemotherapy she watched alot of her little friends pass away. One day, a reporter asked her surgeon what makes the difference with kids who are terminally ill. Why do some make it through? The doctor said it's the love, the support, the prayers and the positive energy surrounding certain children that he believes pulls them through these difficult times. Amber is cancer free four years later!!!!! We hold our breath every time she has a scan, but all the love and support have continued to pour into her life.

Every time we talk to each other, talk about our children who have such difficult challenges, hold each other in our thoughts, regardless of the religion we hold in our hearts, our children benefit. I know for a certainty that love, compassion and prayer save lives.

Although our children don't face life threatening illnesses, they do face life altering illnesses so the same principal applies in their lives as well as Amber's. Our pediatrician reminds us often to stay positive and things will improve, just through the power of positive thought. Maybe all doctors should learn this lesson. I know we have.

Love the verses Kim. Proverbs 3:5-6 is my life verse. Had I not had such strong faith the last few years I might have crumbled. I am always reminded that my kids are God's kids first and He allows me to bring them up and love them while they're here on earth. He is in control and I'm so thankful cause on my own, I'd mess things up!

Lisa

I just found this fable, and it made me think how very appropriate to place it here, for anyone who may be worried that they or their child cant fully realise their potential

The Two Pots

By Author Unknown

A Water Bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole, which he carried across his neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years, this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots of water to his house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes my water to leak out all the way back to your house."

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, we would not have such beauty."