ACN Latitudes Forums

A prayer that has given me lots of comfort

Guest Ronna

Guest Ronna

Hi All,

I wanted to post a prayer that has helped me lots over the last two years. It was given to me when Kurt was in the hospital for the first time. During some rough times sometimes it was the only thing I had to hold on to.

Last summer I was very overwhelmed and TIRED and at night I use to say this prayer as I watched Kurt sleep. It helped me focus and calm down.

I don't want to offend anyone by posting a religious prayer but I just thought it may be of some comfort to someone if they need it.

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary

That never was it known that anyone who

Fled to Thy protection, implored thy help,

Or sought Thy intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence I fly to Thee

O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother.

To Thee do I come, before Thee I stand

Sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of The Word Incarnate

Despise not my petition

But in Thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Ronna

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful prayer Ronna, thank you.

My personal feeling is that as long as the thread is labeled accordingly, people don't have to read it if they don't want to hear about religion.

Since you raised the topic, I would like to share my personal experience, which is far from scientific.

During our Christmas trip, when my son was sleeping on a carpeted floor and was having some kind of intense reaction to it (no details, too personal for him), I quite overwhelmed with concern for him.

Well, we took him swimming at an indoor pool with a huge glass window next to the pool (a sunny day). He kept jumping in the end of the pool to make a big splash. I was watching him do this while reading a book on angel/miracle stories and after realizing that so many of the people got help after they just prayed for it, I was inspired to privately say a deep, heartfelt prayer to God. Sometimes I have a hard time really focusing deeply when praying, but not this time.

I looked up from my prayer and watched him jump feet first into the pool. His splash sprayed up as this sheet of water, and in the water was this incredible rainbow. After it disappeared, I suddenly had this feeling that this was a sign from God that all would be okay. Of course, I will never know for sure in this lifetime, but all that matters is that I believe it. My son made some comment that 'it was weird because the water came up and kind of choked me while I was still jumping in'. I watched him jump in again and again and no more rainbows or sheets of water. At any rate, I felt very peaceful, and was confident that somehow things would work out. I came back from vacation and finally found our DAN/EM doctor.

Thanks for bringing this up! :) I have wanted to post this before, but I too was hesitant to bring up religion. Funny how we are trained to avoid that topic. I understand the reasons why--it can be very divisive--but I still think it is unfortunate. Chemar had the courage to post something on Braintalk, and I really respect her for that.

Claire

Just wanted to add here that I too have had various spiritual signs throughout the whole process with Will. Every once in awhile something will appear in my searching that reminds me of GOD's part in all of this and here it is again. I truly believe that there is a spirtual presence that is leading us through this rough road!!!

Ronna,

Thanks for the prayer. It brought tears to my eyes.

Heather

Remember to take your vitamins every day

Anxious- Take Vitamin A

"All things work together for good for those who love God,

who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Blue- Take Vitamin B

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is

within me, bless His Holy name." (Psalm 103:1)

Crushed- Take Vitamin C

"Cast all your care on Him, because He cares for you."(1Peter5:7)

Depressed- Take Vitamin D

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." (James 4:8)

Empty- Take Vitamin E

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with

praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name." (Psalm 100:4)

Fearful- Take Vitamin F

"Fear not, for I am with you, do not be afraid,

for I am your God." (Isaiah 41:10)

Greedy- Take Vitamin G

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down,

shaken together, running over, will be put unto your lap; for the

measure you give will be the measure you get back." (Luke 6:38)

Hesitant- Take Vitamin H

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of

the messenger who announces peace, who brings good

news, who announces Salvation, who says to Zion,

'Your God reigns.'" (Isaiah 52:7)

Insecure- Take Vitamin I

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."(Philippians 4:13)

Jittery- Take Vitamin J

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."(Hebrews 13:8)

Know nothing- Take Vitamin K

"Know this that the LORD is God, it is He that made

us and not we ourselves. (Psalm 100:3)

Lonely- Take Vitamin L

"Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."(Matthew 28:20)

Mortgaged- Take Vitamin M

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is

made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Nervous- Take Vitamin N

"Never, no never will I leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

Overwhelmed- Take Vitamin O

"Overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

Perplexed or puzzled?- Take Vitamin P

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the

world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be

troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

Quitting- Take Vitamin Q

"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong."(1 Corinthians 16:13)

Restless- Take Vitamin R

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." (Psalm 37:7)

Scared- Take Vitamin S

"Stay with me, and do not be afraid; for the one who seeks my

life seeks your life; you will be safe with me." (1 Samuel 22:23)

Tired- Take Vitamin T

"Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength,

they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall

run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Uncertain- Take Vitamin U

"Understand that I am (the LORD). Before Me no God was

formed, nor shall there be any after Me." (Isaiah 43:10)

Vain- Take Vitamin V

"Vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.(Acts 5:16)

Wondering what to do?- Take Vitamin W

"What does the LORD require of you but to do justly, and to love

mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)

Exhausted?- Take Vitamin X

"Exercise thyself rather unto godliness." (1 Timothy 4:7)

Yearning for hope?- Take Vitamin Y

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff,

they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

Zapped- Take Vitamin Z

"Zealous for good deeds." (Titus 2:14)

Thank you so much for starting this thread Ronna!

I know with certainty that PRAYER has definitely been the BEST MEDICINE for my family :)

Ronna and Chemar,

Your messages are wonderful! It's been tough, and things are still unpredictable. I'm weak often time, but I know that GOD will guide me through. I'm reading a book these days (maybe some of you have already read it). The book title is "The Purpose-Driven Life" and is written by Rick Warren. It's a wonderful book.

Guest Robin O

This is such a great topic. I dont know how I would have lived through the past 2 years without my personal relationship with Jesus. Claire, what a great experience you had. Sometimes God speaks to us in ways only we can feel and understand. Keep Praying for you son. I pray for you guys and its funny because I pray for you by your user names but I know God knows who you are and sees the needs of our kids.

God Bless, Robin

I couldn't agree with you all more. I know God has his hand in all of this. How else would we find the physical and emotional strength to deal with it all? I rely very much on God to guide me and strengthen me and support our son's physical and emotional trials.

Jennifer

This is very interesting. I keep reading that more and more scientific and analytical people don't believe in a higher power, and yet look at the proportions who do in our group.

I must say that most of my local friends are agnostic/athiest, so here is my opportunity to discuss something....

I am excited that Mel Gibson's Passion movie is taking off. I am really hoping that this does start more religious movies, as that kind of movie can help many to get in touch with their feelings. I would like more on the part of Jesus' life where he spread his message and helped so many. I think the Left Behind series did that in its own way--it sure got me thinking hard. (I didn't finish the series yet, stopped at book 7 a couple of years ago).

Disclaimer: I haven't seen the Passion movie--I am sooo sensitive to violence and don't know that I could take it. I am waiting for friends to tell me more, rather than the papers. Has anyone here seen it?

Claire

Claire

I am going to dig up some research that i did on scientific experiments showing the effectiveness of prayer in healing......it is awesome stuff! I am very busy with work at present but will post it as soon as I can

I went to see "The Passion of The Christ" last weekend and, although i too was nervous as I struggle to even read or hear about violence.........

however, although it was heart-wrenchingly painful to watch some scenes...still, i know it didnt even come close to portraying the full agony of it all........and the effect on me was profound.

I came away strengthened and inspired, and with a depth of renewed Faith.

I know there has been criticism in a number of areas...but I found it very accurate re Scripture.

My husband is Jewish, tho Messianic...and so I also was sensitive to the criticism in that area....but it was IMHO unfounded, as it has to be understood in the light of Scripture and the fulfilment of God's Covenant with Israel.

I would highly recommend the film.

Claire,

I, like you was very nervous about watching "The Passion", but I am so glad that we did. I think it has been a life changing experience for us. I appreciate what God has done for us so much more and realize that compared to what Jesus went through for our sakes, our trials are minimal. The deep love that God has for us is amazing.

Reading about Christ's sacrifice in the bible is so different from having a visual of what happened. The movie moved me greatly and made me realize that we need to live first for God and he will show us the way and guide us in our everyday trials.

Jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

A very valid topic.

In this context, I always remember the following

"OH GOD, PLEASE MAKE ME UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD WHICH YOU AND I TOGETHER CANNOT HANDLE".

GOODLUCK AND BLESSINGS TO ALL.

EFGH

Guest Ronna

Hi All,

Hey, thanks for embracing the topic of prayer. If it was not for Chemar I do not think I would have had the courage to post this prayer. My resolution has been to be more open about my faith as I can be shy about it. You are all a great group.

Take Care,

Ronna

Guest Ronna

EFGH,

I just saw your post and wanted to comment on an experience I have had.

About a year and a half ago Kurt was in a terrible place. He was doing so poorly and had just been in the hospital for investigation for metabloic and neurodegenerative diseases. He had muscle, nerve and skin biopsies and we were waiting for the results. We had other stresses going on along with the having a 4 year old and one year old along with Kurt. We had just moved and had bought our business. I was VERY tired!

Well I had always handled things so well and at one time I had thought well there was nothing God could give me that I could not handle.

A week after Kurt was discharged from the hospital he was started on Keflex (antibiotic) for a post op infection at the nerve biopsy site. Anyways, over the weekend Kurt was as usual hard to handle. I was so tired of his tics and so was Kurt and he was crying asking me to make it stop. We were at my inlaws and I thought I was going to go crazy from dealing with his anxiety, impulsiveness, and weepiness etc.

That night when I got home I sat in my daughter's room rocking her to sleep and I fell to pieces. I told God I had enough and was giving it over to Him. I had reached my limit and I needed help. I did not think I could make it one more day.

OK I know this is going to sound dramatic but it is the honest to God truth. When I woke up the next day we had the best day. Kurt was a different kid. Seriously, I phoned EVERYONE I knew to tell them what a good day we were having. I was sooo thankful. Kurt's tics were much milder, his OCD symptoms seemed less and his separation anxiety was so much better and he didn't fuss about going to school.

The next day was even better. Well it is a long story but in the end we realized that it had been the antibiotics which had made such a difference. Kurt was a PANDAS kid and from that moment on he has improved tremendously.

Later on my husband and I were talking and I was telling him about the night I had given it ALL over to God and he floored me and said, Ronna, that is the same night I prayed in our room well you were rocking Mandy for help. Now my husband does not believe in asking God for things when you are need things but that night he did. It could be a coincidence but we believe it was the power of prayer.

Guest Guest_efgh

Ronnas

Your experience is indeed AMAZING. I can very well visualise your happiness on that particular day when things got SO better after your sincere PRAYER(S)! Doesn't it speak volumes??

I am sure most of you are aware of this .... Still, I thought, I would mention this since its so appropriate for most of us here!

"Oh Lord, give me the courage to change the things I can, the strength to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Goodluck to all of you and take care.

EFGH