ACN Latitudes Forums

Children's "Love My Brain" DMG Plus and a Thank you!

Hi Everyone!

When my son started to display the symptoms of TS 3 years ago...I searched frantically for alternative approaches! Through many of the postings on this website (thank you by the way for all the support and postings that helped to inspire me and keep me going) and my 14 years experience as a Natural Health Care Consultant I rolled up my sleeves and got to work!!! I knew I didn't want to do the Drug route so I had to be dedicated in my efforts with the alternative route.

We did a Food Elimination program along with key supplements and within 3 days I saw a huge improvement!!!! By the end of day 7, all symptoms had vanished! I realized my son was just extra sensitive to many foods and chemicals, so we had to be careful with his diet. It took me 2 years to feel confident in what we were doing and now it's like clockwork!

I started http://www.smallchanges.info 2 years ago to help other parents start the program we did.....tons of FREE info on this website. Now our Family has started a supplement line with the help of Food Science of Vermont, supporting key deficiencies in children with Neuro Challenges. My child has been my best teacher and my inspiration behind my work.

We are very proud of our signature supplement *Children's "Love My Brain" - DMG Plus*.....we are getting GREAT feed back and kudos to the DMG to Folic Acid ratio! Though this product was designed to help optimize neuro function in many neuro challenges, our largest feed back right now has been for children with Tourettes, OCD, ADHD and Autism.

We are really proud to be part of the Alternative Choices that are out there! Please check us out and help us spread the word if you can!

Thanks again Latitudes and it's members for being a part of our families GROWTH and INSPIRATION!!!

mom2a,

Hi, thanks for sharing your success!! Just wondering what were your sons tic triggers? How long did your son have tics before you found out what they were? Did your son have anything else with the tics like adhd or anything? How is your son doing now with his diet and what kind of foods does he eat? Thanks Char...

• 4 weeks later...
mom2a,

Hi, thanks for sharing your success!! Just wondering what were your sons tic triggers? How long did your son have tics before you found out what they were? Did your son have anything else with the tics like adhd or anything? How is your son doing now with his diet and what kind of foods does he eat? Thanks Char...

Hi Char....I'm soo sorry for my delayed response! I never received this message, by accident I stumbled across it!

To answer your question.....Before we knew for sure I would say he started displaying tics at around age 2 1/2 (small things) and then at age 5 is when we knew for sure! He had OCD really bad along with intrusive thoughts and of course tics!

My son is now 8 years old and has been symptoms free since we did the food elimination diet 3 years ago (food triggers are salicylates, dairy, too much sugar, and pasta). The only time he shows symptoms is when he eats too much of his sensitivities or environmental factors such as allergies...but even that has been better this year as we always give him local honey to build up his tolerances.

We give him Children's Love my Brain and Omega 3-6-9 and when he has very busy days we include Cal/Mag 2:1 ratio to him relax him.

Every day is like clockwork now...we just know.....He does fantastic!!!! I'm fortunate because my son cares a great deal about being healthy....so he has made it easy on me...how did I luck out???

Sorry again for my tardiness!!!

Erin

Just wanted to ask about your products; do they have fish oils or are they plant based oils? My son seems to react to fish oils but I think the DHA and EPA oils are essential and I just can't find the right product for him.

Thanks,

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Yes, our products are fish oil based but we are researching an alternative formulation right now to add to our product line for children who have fish sensitivities or allergies (many requests). We would love feed back from you or other parents with suggestions or thoughts on this future product. The signature line of supplements we offer was inspired by our son who is for the most part symptom free all the time. We now want to branch out with more options because as we all know, "what works for one doesn't always work for all".

Erin

Bonnie,

I am a vegan, and I take DHA and EPA that is not from fish. It is Spectrum flax oil with DHA and EPA. They get the DHA and EPA from algae and add it to the flax oil. Spectrum makes quite a lot of different flax oils, and they are available in many health food stores.

Another option out there that I do not take (I tested bad for it) is Dr. Fuhrman's product called "DHA Purity". It is vegan, again derived from algae. This is really just a spray with the DHA. It is not flax oil.

Just wanted to let you know in case you had not run across these options.

Michael

Bonnie,

I am a vegan, and I take DHA and EPA that is not from fish. It is Spectrum flax oil with DHA and EPA. They get the DHA and EPA from algae and add it to the flax oil. Spectrum makes quite a lot of different flax oils, and they are available in many health food stores.

Another option out there that I do not take (I tested bad for it) is Dr. Fuhrman's product called "DHA Purity". It is vegan, again derived from algae. This is really just a spray with the DHA. It is not flax oil.

Just wanted to let you know in case you had not run across these options.

Michael

Thanks, Michael....I did buy the Barleans flax oil that tasted like cinnamon but I kept forgetting to give it to him. I'll have to look into the Spectrum oils, too!

B