ACN Latitudes Forums

Chicken pox Vaccine

Think back. When your child had their chicken pox vaccine, did they have ANY side effects from it? My son got the rash associated with chicken pox. I know two other Mom with PANDAS children whose children got shingles. I think this may be more than a big coincidence. If your child did have a side effect, please post what it was. Thanks!

Think back. When your child had their chicken pox vaccine, did they have ANY side effects from it? My son got the rash associated with chicken pox. I know two other Mom with PANDAS children whose children got shingles. I think this may be more than a big coincidence. If your child did have a side effect, please post what it was. Thanks!

mY SON HAD THE cHICKEN POX SHOT and he ended up getting the chicken pox

My son did not do well with any shots and I would be very cautious to give them again. After every shot he had an increase in symptoms. I am not sure exactly what shot did what but the live viruses like the chicken pox did the most damage.

Very interesting! Yes. He is my only child (of three) who had a reaction. He got the vaccine and exactly two weeks later it was Halloween and he was EXTRA cranky that night. I took him home and in the bath saw about 7-10 chicken pox vesicles on his head. It was a mild case of the chicken pox, but he had vesicles and fever.

My daughter got a high fever (103) about a week after receiving the vaccine and a red rash. She then developed a horrible case of shingles at age 10 (9 years after the vaccine).

My other three children did not receive the vaccine. They all three had chicken pox this past Christmas (ages 2,5,7).

Out of all the vaccines, IMO, the varicella vaccine is one of the scariest. Since my daughter's shingles, I have read horrible side effects suffered after receiving it.

Colleen

My daughter is 15 now and I did not keep good records but I now believe that when she was 5 and had the chicken pox vaccine was the same year we began to see a child psychologist because her tantrums were so intense and scary. The psychologist did not want to see my daughter (which I still think is very strange) but just taught us to put her in time outs (very ugly). I do remember her commenting that my description of Jaime's behavior was very unusual and she had never heard of a child acting like this. That she would not see Jaime in person still bothers me. I actually called her office to try to get a specific date for our first appt. to see if it was near the vaccine but she never got back to me.

Sandy