ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone here had success with HBOT?

Hi,

I generally post on the PANDAS board, but I think there might be more of you here on this board that have used HBOT with your children and am curious how many of you have used it and what the response has been. I have read that it can be helpful for brain inflammation which is something that autism, PANDAS and other neuro-immune disorders have in common. Some articles I've read indicate that there are studies that have shown a high percentage of success with decreasing brain inflammation, but then I have read some things where parents have invested an unbelievable amount of money and done hundreds of sessions with no real change. I'd like to get some answers from real people before I decide to try this with my daughter. She has actually improved quite a bit these last few weeks since I've gotten her gut bacteria/yeast under control with kefir, but she still has a ways to go with cognitive impairment as a result of all this. Am thinking of doing HBOT and maybe neurofeedback. thanks, Pat

Hi,

I generally post on the PANDAS board, but I think there might be more of you here on this board that have used HBOT with your children and am curious how many of you have used it and what the response has been. I have read that it can be helpful for brain inflammation which is something that autism, PANDAS and other neuro-immune disorders have in common. Some articles I've read indicate that there are studies that have shown a high percentage of success with decreasing brain inflammation, but then I have read some things where parents have invested an unbelievable amount of money and done hundreds of sessions with no real change. I'd like to get some answers from real people before I decide to try this with my daughter. She has actually improved quite a bit these last few weeks since I've gotten her gut bacteria/yeast under control with kefir, but she still has a ways to go with cognitive impairment as a result of all this. Am thinking of doing HBOT and maybe neurofeedback. thanks, Pat

Hi Pat

I had a hard time getting anyone to respond to this question myself.I had one person who swore to this 1 person.There is a DO in NJ where i live DR neunbrenner(sp) Hes in Edison his web site is full of info But I couldnt get any person to tell me anything . The drs who sell them love them Its hard .Also I do neurofeedback with Danny (I havent done it in 2 weeks )I think he got more anxious after.He would fall asleep everytime I wanted to give him a rest to see how he would do. I will try it again this summer .Ps my insurance did cover the feedback.

Let me know more about the keifer and where to get it how it works (in simple terms)

Melanie

Hi,

Hi Pat

I had a hard time getting anyone to respond to this question myself.I had one person who swore to this 1 person.There is a DO in NJ where i live DR neunbrenner(sp) Hes in Edison his web site is full of info But I couldnt get any person to tell me anything . The drs who sell them love them Its hard .Also I do neurofeedback with Danny (I havent done it in 2 weeks )I think he got more anxious after.He would fall asleep everytime I wanted to give him a rest to see how he would do. I will try it again this summer .Ps my insurance did cover the feedback.

Let me know more about the keifer and where to get it how it works (in simple terms)

Melanie

Hi Melanie:

Did you say he got more anxious after having the neurofeedback or just when he stopped having it? How long did you use it? Yes, the people who have an interest in HBOT (sell, rent, etc.) are more likely to give positive reviews, but I wanted to hear both sides of the story, especially from people who have used it long-term to see if they felt it was worth it.

The kefir (I feel goat milk is the best), but you can get cow's milk too - probably more common, but more commercial - would have to look at all the ingrediets. They say even the cow milk kefir can be used by those who are sensitive to casein because the bacteria and enzymes in the kefir actually break down casein, so that many people can eventually tolerate casein in their diet again after some long term kefir use (3-4 months). The beneficial bacteria sets up colonies in the gut (whereas when you eat yogurt its only good for a couple of days and then it's gone). It has been thought to correct gut imbalance - by the large number of good bacteria crowding out the bad bacteria and yeast. It would take about 4 months to really get there, but you can see results within a couple of weeks. It's been thought that some of the aggressive behavior or spaciness is brought on by overgrowth of yeast or clostridia and then when you kill those with hardline drugs like flagyl or diflucan they can get a die-off reaction which looks about the same as the behavior you saw originally. The kefir does the same thing but slower and you don't see the die-off reaction as much. If you add s.boulardii for a while (1-2 months), it can give it an extra boost. Besides all that it contains a ton of B-vitamins and all the minerals they need, along with protein (essentially, kefir is a complete food). You should really google it and get all the facts. Pat

Hi,

Hi Pat

Melanie

Hi Melanie:

Did you say he got more anxious after having the neurofeedback or just when he stopped having it? How long did you use it? Yes, the people who have an interest in HBOT (sell, rent, etc.) are more likely to give positive reviews, but I wanted to hear both sides of the story, especially from people who have used it long-term to see if they felt it was worth it.

The kefir (I feel goat milk is the best), but you can get cow's milk too - probably more common, but more commercial - would have to look at all the ingrediets. They say even the cow milk kefir can be used by those who are sensitive to casein because the bacteria and enzymes in the kefir actually break down casein, so that many people can eventually tolerate casein in their diet again after some long term kefir use (3-4 months). The beneficial bacteria sets up colonies in the gut (whereas when you eat yogurt its only good for a couple of days and then it's gone). It has been thought to correct gut imbalance - by the large number of good bacteria crowding out the bad bacteria and yeast. It would take about 4 months to really get there, but you can see results within a couple of weeks. It's been thought that some of the aggressive behavior or spaciness is brought on by overgrowth of yeast or clostridia and then when you kill those with hardline drugs like flagyl or diflucan they can get a die-off reaction which looks about the same as the behavior you saw originally. The kefir does the same thing but slower and you don't see the die-off reaction as much. If you add s.boulardii for a while (1-2 months), it can give it an extra boost. Besides all that it contains a ton of B-vitamins and all the minerals they need, along with protein (essentially, kefir is a complete food). You should really google it and get all the facts. Pat

If Hes allergic to cows milk your saying it doesnt matter ?

• 1 month later...