ACN Latitudes Forums

zithromax, how much is enough?

Dr is going to put danny on 500 mg 2x per week.Is this going to be enough? I know its better than 250 1x per week but would it be better to cut them and do 250 4x per week?what should I do /

Melanie

Dr is going to put danny on 500 mg 2x per week.Is this going to be enough? I know its better than 250 1x per week but would it be better to cut them and do 250 4x per week?what should I do /

Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I would think 500mg 2x weekly would be adequate to prevent strep. However, would your doc be okay with doing 500mg daily for a couple of weeks in case their is a low level of active strep hiding out? also, the higher dose of Azith. would presumably have a higher level of anti-inflammatory/immune modulation.

how is danny doing?

I think you should also consider sending dr. K an e-mail. Even though Danny is older he may have some insights. I wonder if PEX would be helpful? It is interesting that Danny appeared to improve on Azith. and then declined when his dose was lowered.

Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I would think 500mg 2x weekly would be adequate to prevent strep. However, would your doc be okay with doing 500mg daily for a couple of weeks in case their is a low level of active strep hiding out? also, the higher dose of Azith. would presumably have a higher level of anti-inflammatory/immune modulation.

how is danny doing?

I think you should also consider sending dr. K an e-mail. Even though Danny is older he may have some insights. I wonder if PEX would be helpful? It is interesting that Danny appeared to improve on Azith. and then declined when his dose was lowered.

I know its very interesting and Im greatful that this Dr is willing to give him this .Im going to go to the dr today and try and get them to write me a script so I CAN have more zith to give him is PEX penicillin? He has an allergy to penicillin or he did when he was 5yrs old is that better?

Melanie