ACN Latitudes Forums

I think she's got strep!

I think dd6 has vag. strep again! :lol: She has all the signs as her previous 2 times which were in Feb and March. She is on azythromycin ( a trial from her peditrician to see if her behavior improved). Today is day 5. Does azythromycin treat strep or only penicillin? I thought maybe she's got a yeast problem from the antibiotics (and she may) but these are her classic vag. strep symptoms (watery clear discharge as if she had pee'd a little, no odor, no itching and some yellow discharge). Now if she pees the bed I'll know for sure.

Should I call her Pedi (who agrees it could be PANDAS) or the neurologist who is doing the testing for PANDAS or just take her to urgent care and get her swabbed. I hate getting her swabbed down there. She screams and cries and it's so horrible.

Oh, by the way, she woke up with a canker sore today too. Weird. Those canker sores have got to be connected somehow.

Susan

I think dd6 has vag. strep again! :blink: She has all the signs as her previous 2 times which were in Feb and March. She is on azythromycin ( a trial from her peditrician to see if her behavior improved). Today is day 5. Does azythromycin treat strep or only penicillin? I thought maybe she's got a yeast problem from the antibiotics (and she may) but these are her classic vag. strep symptoms (watery clear discharge as if she had pee'd a little, no odor, no itching and some yellow discharge). Now if she pees the bed I'll know for sure.

Should I call her Pedi (who agrees it could be PANDAS) or the neurologist who is doing the testing for PANDAS or just take her to urgent care and get her swabbed. I hate getting her swabbed down there. She screams and cries and it's so horrible.

Oh, by the way, she woke up with a canker sore today too. Weird. Those canker sores have got to be connected somehow.

Susan

If your ped can get her in for an appointment the same day, I'd probably call them first. If they can't get her in, take her to urgent care. Contact the neurologist when you find out the results.

Thanks Vickie! I left a vm for the ped and the neuro and have spoken to the neuro's nurse. Doesn't look like the Ped will call me back in time today so I'll have to go to urgent care. They say patience is a virtue right? I must be unvirtuous! :blink: