ACN Latitudes Forums

Nordic naturals

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

I know your doctor recommended Nordic naturals cod liver oil for your son. Is it helping your son? Do you give it to him daily. I remember you mentioning that your doctor mentioned that its relatively free from mercury , am i right?

Others

Does any one else use Nordic naturals fish/cod liver oil? If so, how effective is it for tics? also which kind of nordic naturals flavour fish oil do you use - did you buy it outside or your doctor prescribed the flavour, dosage , etc? Did you doctor mention that its free from mercury?

Read an article from Dr MErcola about the purity of Carlson fish oil (Especially liquid oil) and hence was wondering.

Thanks.

efgh,

I personally have used Carlson's fish oil. Just so you, know if you log onto www.vitaminshoppe.com you can get all kinds of supplements at a good discount anything over 50$ is free shipping. They have all kinds of brands. I discovered that they've got floradix supplements (they have a good cal/mag) they also have Carlson's Fish oil. I found a liquid B from Twin Labs that has b-3, b-6, b-12, paba, choline and inositol. I'm not sure what the flavor is like.

Jennifer

efgh,

I use Nordic Naturals - Kids' Arctic Cod Liver Oil. It is called Peachy Keen and it is in liquid form - 1/2 tsp daily. It is a Pharmaceutical Grade and recommended to me by my naturopath as very pure with no contaminants. I just bought it at the local health food store. I use it for tics and along with the NDF for metals and a week after I added it to the protocal the tics are almost gone.

Heather

Hi all,

It has been a crazy week, trying to catch up with posts.

efgh, my son's 'fidgety symptoms and touching habits are still absent. I can't say whether it is the vitamins, the fish oil, or the complete absence of wheat and artificial colors/flavors--the only diet changes since he got sick. Too many things going on at once. But it is just great for him and a relief for me. Again, no one but he and I even notice (his dad doesn't), but the bottom line is that he feels better.

He still resents the no artificial stuff...only cares when we go someplace though. So for basketball this week I am buying extra snacks from Whole Foods--so that he isn't eating 'different' food. I have a bet with him that 2 other kids besides him will eat them. Mind you, they are still treats, just nothing fake and therefore 'unfamiliar' product names. Whole food's 'gatorade' for example.

My son must go off all vitamins for 4 days before the heavy metal blood test. I took him in to get it and found this out, so had to put it off a week yet again!

We are in a hotel while they paint our interior with low-odor paint. We go back Saturday, I must say, I am a little afraid he will have a reaction to the new paint.

Claire