ACN Latitudes Forums

HAVE TO READ THIS - Rages, itching, yeast, etc.

Hi Pat,

I'm using plain Kiefer from Lifeway and adding berries and a few dates along with the water I soak them in overnight. She's drinking it, but not as easily as I'd like (I hate for it to be a chore).

We're taking Metagenics Ultra Flora Plus--here is the break down:

A 50:50 blend of: 15 billion live organisms†

Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® Strain

Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07

(formerly known as B. infantis††)

Globulin Protein Concentrate 560 mg

Ingredients: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), concentrate of immunoglobulin proteins from whey (milk), Bifidobacterium lactis (milk, soy), Lactobacillus acidophilus (milk), and maltodextrin. Contains: milk, soy.

Which probiotic do you recommend? I know from my own experience the die-off is almost as bad as the illness! I'm glad to hear there are ways to lessen it.

Thanks!!!!!

~Brie

Wow, that's a lot of flora. Sometimes I wonder if we can overdo it. As long as she has no issues with milk products, I suppose you could continue what you're doing for a while. However, if you can ever get her to drink the kefir on a regular basis, she probably wouldn't need all that extra hoopla (for lack of a better word). As I said before, s.boulardii is the most important probiotic to give for yeast and 3 or 4 drops of oil of oregano diluted in fish oil (yuk) daily for about a week should take care of it. If you have her on continuous abx, then you'd probably have to keep giving the s.boulardii to suppress the yeast, but if she's not on abx, then a couple of months on the s. boulardii should be enough.

I know that some kids really aren't crazy about kefir. Although Gaby likes it, her twin Stefi doesn't. So I will usually add some fresh squeezed lemon & some honey. This usually works for her - it tastes a little like a lemonade slushy. Pat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Lilly - most of these members are no longer on the forum. This conversation was from 3.5 yrs ago. I don't know where all of them went. Two are still here so perhaps they will chime in. One went on to pursue lyme treatment and one is now on a facebook support forum but her daughter is not cured.

Not at all discouraging you from pursuing the ideas on this thread. You just may not hear back from the people who were the main posters as they're no longer here.

I am so excited to read all of these posts! I feel very comfortable about this being the missing puzzle piece for my girl!!!! Please post how your children are doing regarding gut issues.

Lilly - take it easy with kefir. You have mentioned several times that your daughter has had significant negative responses to many probiotics. Kefir is quite a potent probiotic and you may run into difficulties.

I am so excited to read all of these posts! I feel very comfortable about this being the missing puzzle piece for my girl!!!! Please post how your children are doing regarding gut issues.

Lilly, my dd (who was 7 at the time of this post and is now 11) is much improved. She still has yeast issues due to her continued antibiotic usage but it is controlled now by periodic caprylic acid and also daily threelac plus rotating probiotics like PB8 and New Chapter Total Flora. Her behavior and itching, gut issues and most symptoms are significanlty improved that I attribute to all her treatments including lyme treatment and also total body support through xyto scans which showed her imbalances. We can't afford to do that anymore so hopefully we can keep her on track now.

Good luck to you!

Susan