ACN Latitudes Forums

The Best Dr for Pandas?

hi

Ive been traviling down this pandas tourette road for a long time and quite frankly Im tired .I would just like someone to take over and tell me what to do .Ive tried everyhing been to several mds and still new symptoms my 15yr old son is wetting his bed @!!This is so sad for him hes upset about it and I dont blame him.Im going to get a mattress protector but Why is this happining???If i call the dr what is he going to say does he drink to much before bed..Is there a md who really knows his /her stuff Ive been to Columbia Presp/Morristown Mem/DAN md /UMDNJ is dr K really that good what will he do the others havent.Dont forget danny is 15 so IVIG may be out THIS STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie

Melanie...

is your son still on abs? How much?

I think it is very strange for a 15 year old to suddenly start wetting the bed. I would think your doc would want to do a workup for that (urinalysis, urine culture etc) to r/o out a bladder infection or other medical issue.

I also wonder if he is on any meds that could be causing this as a side effect.

I sure hope someone can help recommend someone to you. As of yesterday we were on new doctor #15 ... hmm.. or maybe it was #16. At any rate I think we may have found a sympathetic ear. She plans on calling Dr. Swedo to talk to her more about DD and see if they can't come up with a good solution. Ultimately this new doc (a pediatric psychiatrist - go figure) has told me to prepare to start from the beginning so we can scientifically approach this and make sure we have everything covered. She sounds like she'll be thorough, but I'm not getting my hopes up - they've been dashed away so many times before.

Hugs to you and your son!

I sure hope someone can help recommend someone to you. As of yesterday we were on new doctor #15 ... hmm.. or maybe it was #16. At any rate I think we may have found a sympathetic ear. She plans on calling Dr. Swedo to talk to her more about DD and see if they can't come up with a good solution. Ultimately this new doc (a pediatric psychiatrist - go figure) has told me to prepare to start from the beginning so we can scientifically approach this and make sure we have everything covered. She sounds like she'll be thorough, but I'm not getting my hopes up - they've been dashed away so many times before.

Hugs to you and your son!

DR took him off daily antib azith wanted him on 250 1x per week I saw him getting nasty so I put him back on it daily 250 1x per day I had some left over I have a call into him to call me back Yes I find it in teresting aboutt the bed wetting hes on buspar and tenex also we are starting topamax but thewetting started before the topamax so its not that His psyc dosent go for the pandas thing shell just tell me its an asperger thing

Melanie