ACN Latitudes Forums

Help--What Allergy med. is OK?

My daughter is really suffering with allergy symptoms right now--

Has anyone found anything that they would recommend for use that won't affect the PANDAS issue?

She was on Zyrtec for two days and her pupils got huge.

Thanks.

I've been giving my son Claritin for allergies for over a week now and he's doing well. I also starting giving it to him when he was having a setback in recovery and his behavior was awful. Connection or coincidence? Who knows at this point, but I am thankful for it:)

Have you done an OAT test on your daughter through Great Plains?

Is she on any kind of supplements? Enzymes?

I started a thread on over the counter allergy meds a while ago. We use Benadryl dye free as needed but allergies aren't much of a problem for ds this year as compared to years passed.

http://healthy-family.org/forum/index.php/topic,278.0.html

Seasonal allergies can be a sign of other underlying issues-- there may be a chronic vitamin-mineral deficiency, gut dysbiosis, or food intolerance that is contributing to the allergy problem. The right diet and supps can really help reduce symptoms if they are obnoxiously unbearable.

Thanks Vickie and Caryn--I appreciate the input. It helps to know what has worked for others.

(Caryn, no we have not had OAT testing via Great Plains, though I appreciate that these may have been helpful to others, we have had our hands full with other issues. Seasonal allergies are a regular this time of year with tree pollens etc. I appreciate your suggestions --) Thanks--

T.Mom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Since I posted on this question, I wanted to supply a follow up. I had said that my son was taking Claritin and was doing well. Well, after day 11 of being on it, I noticed he was super hyper. First, I lowered the dosage, then decided to completely take him off Claritin. I switched to dye free liquid Benadryl. Since he's 5, he won't take pills. Thankfully, the hyperactivity is gone and the Benadryl is not making him tired either. He likes the taste of Benadryl better. The drawback is you have to give it more than once a day. But his allergies aren't that bad and I give it to him only two or three times a day depending if I notice his eyes are getting bothered.

My daughter is really suffering with allergy symptoms right now--

Has anyone found anything that they would recommend for use that won't affect the PANDAS issue?

She was on Zyrtec for two days and her pupils got huge.

Thanks.

Here in Canada Claritin is NOT reccomended for children- this is new as of this year- not sure of the reason, I have been directed to use Benadryl or Reactine (so far no symptoms after about a week) good luck....L