ACN Latitudes Forums

probiotics

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar

You are right. Natural yoghurt with probioitics is the best form. But since we avoid dairy for my son, its difficult to make a choice here. Any suggestion?

Jean

Have you started your son on dairy now? Since you mentioned you were planning to get the yoghurt, I was wondering. Glad to know that your son is better. You are 100 percent right that we mothers overexert due to our kids' problems and end up ignoring our health. I am a classic example for that and I have lost SO MANY pounds on this account. How are your son's tics now after stopping the TV? Has his eye rolling come down? If so, do you feel that TV is a known trigger...

Heather

Great to know that NDF is working so well for your son. I have a basic doubt. We all use aluminium foils for food - how safe is it for our kids since aluminium is a heavy metal?

Claire

Great to know that your son is improving. Yeah, I give the same mag taurate 125 mg capsule about an hour or so before my son goes to bed. It helps him a LOT.

The company is cardiovascular research group.

Claire, how much of Calcium supplement do you give your son on a daily basis ? What form ( that is what compound and which brand , dosage etc). I give my son calcium citrate from the company allergyresearchgroup. Did you start calcium supplements upon doctor's advice? Regarding TV, my son DOES MISS it though like you we really "OVERCOMPENSATE" him with other things. He is waiting for feb 28. I had mentioned on Jan 15 that the TV is out of order and would get repaired on Feb 28 since the company is waiting for a spare part. I should revisit the whole thing on Feb 28 with some new strategies!! Anyway during the week he is very busy with a LOAD of SPORTS and activities , only week ends is a problem.

Guest Guest_efgh

Hi all

Further to my clarification on the usage of aluminium foil , can you please let me know if you all use non stick teflon coating pans and utensils extensively for cooking? From the general health/toxicity/environment/tics point of view , can you advise me on the pros and cons of these teflon coated pans, utensils and also aluminium foils??

thanks

Hi efgh

my naturopath advised us to stay away from non-stick coated cookware as they do apparantly "give off" stuff. I know there was a recent health alert on this somewhere and i will post it when I locate it.

I use only stainless steel cookware and utensils.

I also dont use aluminum foil, or anything else with aluminum in it, and also try to stay away from cling wrap etc.

I have no firm evidence on this avoidance...just guidelines by the health "experts" we have consulted along with personal preference.

Also, just a note on yoghurt...it is my understanding that, because of the lactobacillus & acidophilus cultures, yoghurt is ok even for people who avoid dairy. You may want to check me on this...but I do have a friend that is dairy free, yet can eat yoghurt without problem

efgh

We give 1000 mg of Solaray Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D, as directed by our doctor for his deficiency. That is 4 capsules (big pills!) so I dump the contents into a smoothie. The taste is bland, it could be put into a lot of things--pancakes, juice--just not all 4 at once.

Chemar,

I think we all get conservative on things if we think it will help our kids. I was never an 'organic' type, nor no additives-type, but now I look at labels. Do they have stainless steel baking sheets? Where do I get stainless steel cookware that is affordable?

Claire

Efgh,

My son has been on no dairy until today. I gave him yoghurt this morning. We need to collect his stool next week. Per the instruction, he should eat normlly. It'll be better to eat butter, salard oil, etc. So I am going to let him having dairy for about a week. I'm not sure if TV is his trigger, but definitely he tics more while watching TV. His tics became noticeable since last week. I realized that his eye rolls more when he is eating food(don't know why). Funny you mentioned the weight lost. I lost many pounds since he started his tics. Have you seen your new doctor yet?