ACN Latitudes Forums

22 weeks post IVIg

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here real quick and let you know that my dd (age 7) is doing very well still at 22 weeks post IVIg. Absolutely NO OCD, no rages, no psychotic behaviors, no skin picking (this was one of her OCD behaviors- one of many), no urinary issues, no separation anxiety, not really anything much left except occasional emotional times which is hard to blame on pandas to begin with (maybe it's just her!) And it's not a problem. She's very happy still and we are thrilled. Just last night, I returned from a business trip/medical conference and was away for a whole week...something that would have been impossible for us before (well...even work was impossible for me for a while since she couldn't even go to school for a time).

We don't feel like we are out of the woods, though. We are always on the lookout for symptoms. Always on guard. At this point, if she started getting symptoms again my plan is that I would advocate for full strength antibiotics and a steroid burst and if that didn't work, we'd do IVIg again in a heartbeat (if we can hurry up and save the money!) We always think about all the pandas families on here and know what you are going through is so hard. We are still not over the toll it has put on our family...but we're trying.

Tonight we went bowling...what a blast! It is so nice to NOT be isolated anymore. I remember so many times which we just couldn't do anything because of how sick she was (even grocery shopping). At times I hate to even think back on those days...I just want to move forward and continue to try to heal as a family but other times it is good to remember...it keeps us vigilant. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to read the new stories, but I check the boards here daily, if I am home.

My dd is taking Augmentin 250mg daily, in case anyone wants to know. We think about you all. I'm so glad that this board exists.

regards,

amy s