ACN Latitudes Forums

"Caramel color" derived from sugar? & allergies?

Have a quick question. My ds likes to drink the Hansen's sodas and he drinks the cola. It says that it has caramel color and in parentheses it says 'from sugar'. Is this still considered an additive or preservative? I just realized I was letting him drink these and he's already waxing hard with his tics this month so I wonder if this is causing problems, too?

Also, in regards to histamine and allergies: I remember ds had increased tics last April and now I see them increasing again. If it's environmental allergies what can I give him that might help that is dye free, sugar free, etc? Right now he's got 3 tics going on(all facial or eye tics) and I see them increase as the day goes on. In the AM upon waking he is only doing his standard eye winking but it increases as we go through the day.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

I don't know about the carmal color, I don't buy anything with that in it. As for the allergies, DS is having an increase now too. Started about a week ago, we have loads of tree flowers here. What in AZ is in bloom that your DS is reacting to? Just wondering, because I never had allergies until I moved to AZ. No allergies since I left AZ.

CP

Hi Bonnie,

I don't know about the carmal color, I don't buy anything with that in it. As for the allergies, DS is having an increase now too. Started about a week ago, we have loads of tree flowers here. What in AZ is in bloom that your DS is reacting to? Just wondering, because I never had allergies until I moved to AZ. No allergies since I left AZ.

CP

Everything is blooming here! I couldn't ever pinpoint it to one particular thing. Maybe the Acacia trees or the desert cactus like the barrel cactus that are blooming now? Funny, I never had allergies in MD and then I moved to AZ and have allergies here!

B

Thanks Chemar. I was wondering about that.

Anyone else know about environmental allergies being a problem? And, what do you give your child for them? Are there homeoapathic/natural treatments(other than the NEAT/NAET which we already do) that help treat allergies?

Thx

B

Hi Bonnie,

Have you tried the 1tsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp local raw honey, and a glass of distilled water. Drink with each meal. It's not bad.

CP

NO, he won't drink it. Our naturopath has him taking a quercetin powder 2x a day for allergies so we'll see if that helps! Couldn't hurt b/c it's a good supplement to be taking anyway!

B