ACN Latitudes Forums

Need a salycilate/phenol primer

Betty,

I can tell you that when I had too many salycilates my son's tics returned in multiples! They were full head swings/jerks vs. eye blinking. I learne this a while ago. I recently tried to go GF and dairy free for his attention issues.....is tics returned GREATLY...I realized I was high salycilate again. I reduced them and went back to my supplements. It worked......

I think amino acids and low saylycilate are key for my son! GABA, NAC and Aceytl L l Carnitine........I hope this information helps!

Tracey,

I'm starting to think that salycilates are a problem for my child, too. Yesterday, he had pizza with nitrated pepperoni and then had strawberry shortcake for dessert. I started seeing his old jaw/neck tic where he tenses the muscles in his neck and pulls his jaw to the side. He had already had an increase in his eye tics so the naturopath had me put him back on glycine. We also have him on Neuroscience's Kavinace product that has B6, taurine, and another amino acid that promotes GABA uptake in the brain.

Is there anywhere where I can find a good list for salycilates? I don't think I can cut them out completely b/c I know he doesn't react to fresh oranges or grapes, but it's pretty obvious that strawberries might be a problem!

Bonnie

PS: I haven't been here in a while, so hello everyone!!! :)

Bonnie,

Have you found that glycine definitely helps with your son's tics?

Angela

Betty,

I can tell you that when I had too many salycilates my son's tics returned in multiples! They were full head swings/jerks vs. eye blinking. I learne this a while ago. I recently tried to go GF and dairy free for his attention issues.....is tics returned GREATLY...I realized I was high salycilate again. I reduced them and went back to my supplements. It worked......

I think amino acids and low saylycilate are key for my son! GABA, NAC and Aceytl L l Carnitine........I hope this information helps!

Tracey,

I'm starting to think that salycilates are a problem for my child, too. Yesterday, he had pizza with nitrated pepperoni and then had strawberry shortcake for dessert. I started seeing his old jaw/neck tic where he tenses the muscles in his neck and pulls his jaw to the side. He had already had an increase in his eye tics so the naturopath had me put him back on glycine. We also have him on Neuroscience's Kavinace product that has B6, taurine, and another amino acid that promotes GABA uptake in the brain.

Is there anywhere where I can find a good list for salycilates? I don't think I can cut them out completely b/c I know he doesn't react to fresh oranges or grapes, but it's pretty obvious that strawberries might be a problem!

Bonnie

PS: I haven't been here in a while, so hello everyone!!! :)

Bonnie,

Have you found that glycine definitely helps with your son's tics?

Angela

Angela, I think it was a combo of the B6(I only gav 25 mg) and glycine that helped. But, now I don't know if I'm making things worse b/c he's now ticcing more since I started the glycine. Maybe he just needs to re-adjust. I remember that April was a tough month for him last year, too, so I also wonder if it's due to allergies or seasonal weather changes?

Bonnie