ACN Latitudes Forums

Dosages for 5-HTP & DHEA

Guest Searching

Guest Searching

I'm fairly new to the natural approach to helping with my OCD but hopefully you guys can answer some of my questions. I've been reading every post on this board for the past several weeks and have been trying the vitamin approach to helping with my OCD. Things are going well but I don't want to take too much or too little for that matter. For the past three years I have been trying behavior therapy with books like Brain Lock and the only thing that seems to happen is my anxiety goes through the roof. So far with the vitamin approach I have seen some major breakthroughs and haven't experienced any spikes in anxiety. My biggest question is regarding DHEA, 5-HTP, and GABA. I've been taking 50MG of DHEA (25MG in the morning and 25MG before bed). Is that enough or is that too much? As far as the 5-HTP goes I've been taking 150MG a day (50MG in the morning, 50MG at lunch, and 50MG before bed). I'm doing this in conjunction with 1,000MG of Inositol, 200MG of Niacinamide, 150MG of B6, 200MG of B6 and 200MCG of B12. I'm not taking GABA and any insight would be helpful.