ACN Latitudes Forums

Update on Gaby s/p PET scan

I have a lot of hope that they will outgrow most of the symptoms.

I am 99% sure that I was a PANDAS child and I have the most minor tics here and there. Since finding out about PANDAS with all of my children, and putting us all under a microscope, I do notice that when I am sick, my minor tics kick up a little. NO OCD or anything else. I am a little bit of a worrier, but only where my children's well being is concerned, not in other areas. I don't know if things got better with my pregnancies (1st one 13 yrs. ago, last one 2 yrs. ago) , but I am going to try to figure that out.

Colleen

We saw Allie's dr. yesterday- She's not been feeling well (fluid behind ears, but no infection). Anyway, I was talking to him about this new treatment we've started (for the autism, not the PANDAS) that works on developing the frontal cortex functioning. Anyway, he said puberty (my daughter is 14) is a good time to work on that because the adolescent brain is undergoing developmental changes and that makes it easier to effect neurological change.

He's also checking her pituitary hormones to see where she is on her way to menstruation. I'm not getting the labs done until next month anyway, when she's due for her 6 months labs anyway.

We saw Allie's dr. yesterday- She's not been feeling well (fluid behind ears, but no infection). Anyway, I was talking to him about this new treatment we've started (for the autism, not the PANDAS) that works on developing the frontal cortex functioning. Anyway, he said puberty (my daughter is 14) is a good time to work on that because the adolescent brain is undergoing developmental changes and that makes it easier to effect neurological change.

He's also checking her pituitary hormones to see where she is on her way to menstruation. I'm not getting the labs done until next month anyway, when she's due for her 6 months labs anyway.

Hi Peglem

I have a 14 yr old son with ASD what is the treatment you are starting for the autism ? Dan has TS and ASD it was aspergers but with the TS its well a mess and I think the symptoms got worse with puberty Im hoping things will get bettr when puberty is over

Melanie, its called RDI (relationship development intervention). The focus is o developing the neurology to function in a dynamic world. My complaint with most autism therapies/treatments is they focus on static skills. Like for social skills, teaching how to greet people. the problem with that is social relationships and interractions are always changing- they can't be learned in a rote way. If you're interested check out: http://www.rdiconnect.com/