ACN Latitudes Forums

More complete salicylate list anywhere?

momaw

I am wondering if anyone could direct me to a more complete salicylate level list than I am finding on the internet. I am trying a low salicylate diet (in addition to the multitude of other diet/supplement/environmental interventions) with our 12 year old daughter who has been ticking off and on for two years now. We eat a diet free from artificial ingredients, so that isn't so much the issue as the natural salicylates. There are some fairly good lists online, but I when I come to things like coconut flour, rice vinegar, horehound (medicinal herb for colds), teff flour, sorghum flour, etc., I get stumped. We use alot of "alternative" type food because of gf/cf diet.

Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but I think salicylates are contained mostly in fruits and vegetables, and my list does give nuts, seasonings and sweets too. I would think if something had high sals, it would be listed, most other things are probably either low, or are derivatives, i.e. if you are looking at coconut flour, than just go by coconut, which seems to be moderate, and the rice vinegar, look at rice and vinegar separately. I think salicylates are mostly in natural foods. you might have to just do a search for each ingredient you are unsure of (i.e. herbs + salicylates or horhound + salicylates, and check that way. Here is a list I have:

(scroll down)

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/02/0...ou-feel-ill.htm

Faith