ACN Latitudes Forums

Azithromycin

Yes. You can get a white pill and the pharmacist says it is fine to crush. My kids can't swallow pills, so I have been crushing it. i will try to find the name of the manufacturer, but you may want to call diferent pharmacies and just ask if thye can get the white pill. I had the best luck with small "neighborhood" pharmacies. My kids have horrible reactions to red dye.

Red dye makes my kids hyper, but we had two bad experiences on it. When my son was five he was taking Keflex liquid with red dye and after a day on it he got more and more hyper, then started to act depressed- even said he wanted to die. It was 100% out of his character to act this way and I don't think it was strep related. When I started to suspect the red dye, I switched him to capsules (dumped the powder in liquid- it tasted horrible but pharmacist OK'd it), after a day he was completely back to normal. Another time my 4 yr old ate tons of icing with red dye and woke up screaming he saw spiders flying around the room. Red 40 seems to be the worst. Google red 40 and it is shocking how some children react to it.

Colleen