ACN Latitudes Forums

Detox/die off reactions – to Heather

Guest Jean

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

I remember your suggestion on LCD monitor. Will defntly. give it a try. thanks.

Chemar

Good that your son's food sensitivities are a lot better ... I somehow feel that my son's tics/asthma are a lot related to his food sensitivities esp. eggs, dairy and caffeine (I mean chocolates). Anyway, I have my first appointment with my naturopath on March 1 and lets see how it goes. chocolates , I dont mind him not taking.... But dairy is what that really bothers me.. And eggs (after the bird flu scare, etc) I feel in a way, its pretty much safe to be away from chicken, eggs etc. I know I am being too cautious, but still..... WHAT ARE YOUR INPUTS on chicken, eggs etc after the bird flu though there is a threat in only some parts of Asia ...

Jean

thanks a LOT for your detailed info on juice plus and rice cheese. really nice of you to have taken time to post it in detail. the juice plus has corn syrup (natural though). Chemar, is it totally different from the high fructose corn syrup?

Yeah, looks like my son is allergic to soy milk too . I tried it only a couple of times and since I noticed an immediate increase in tics, I thought he may be allergic . I am not fully sure though. Moreover, after reading a lot about soy (negative aspect) I am not so keen about it.. Did you read the thread "SOY MILK" on this? I did not know about the negative side of soy till I read a lot about this.

By nature sweet, do you mean fruits and veggies.. Good that your son is able to stay away from chocolates, cakes, pastries, dairy, etc.

Other than soy, what is the protein intake for your son?

Which water does your son drink daily?

I just happened to read a detailed article on omega 3's today in Dr Mercola's latest newsletter. It talks SO MUCH about the benefits of omega 3 and of case histories with success from flax seed oil.

Heather

How about you? Do you give s

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

Chemar

Good that your son's food sensitivities are a lot better ... I somehow feel that my son's tics/asthma are a lot related to his food sensitivities esp. eggs, dairy and caffeine (I mean chocolates). Anyway, I have my first appointment with my naturopath on March 1 and lets see how it goes. chocolates , I dont mind him not taking.... But dairy is what that really bothers me.. And eggs (after the bird flu scare, etc) I feel in a way, its pretty much safe to be away from chicken, eggs etc. I know I am being too cautious, but still..... WHAT ARE YOUR INPUTS on chicken, eggs etc after the bird flu though there is a threat in only some parts of Asia ...

Jean

thanks a LOT for your detailed info on juice plus and rice cheese. really nice of you to have taken time to post it in detail. the juice plus has corn syrup (natural though). Chemar, is it totally different from the high fructose corn syrup?

Yeah, looks like my son is allergic to soy milk too . I tried it only a couple of times and since I noticed an immediate increase in tics, I thought he may be allergic . I am not fully

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

Chemar

Jean

Yeah, looks like my son is allergic to soy milk too . I tried it only a couple of times and since I noticed an immediate increase in tics, I thought he may be allergic . I am not fully sure though. Moreover, after reading a lot about soy (negative aspect) I am not so keen about it.. Did you read the thread "SOY MILK" on this? I did not know about the negative side of soy till I read a lot about this.

By nature sweet, do you mean fruits and veggies.. Good that your son is able to stay away from chocolates, cakes, pastries, dairy, etc.

Other than soy, what is the protein intake for your son?

Which water does your son drink daily?

I just happened to read a detailed article on omega 3's today in Dr Mercola's latest newsletter. It talks SO MUCH about the benefits of omega 3 and of case histories with success from flax seed oil.

Heather

How about you? Do you give sweets to your son or does he have food sensitivities to chocolates, juices, etc. How do you compensate for his protein since he is off dairy?

Guest Guest_efgh

QUOTE ( @ --)
Claire

Chemar

Jean

thanks a LOT for your detailed info on juice plus and rice cheese. really nice of you to have taken time to p

Sorry guys. for some reason, my pc crashed and the same post got repeated thrice though the third one is the complete one.. ignore the first two repetitions.

Any idea, how I can delete an already posted information or how do I edit it??

thanks and sorry again.

Guest Guest_Heather

EFGH,

My son eats lots of meat for protein. He loves chicken and I haven't avoided it with the bird flu scare. Chicken is his favourite food so I would be lost without it.

I have watched closely but haven't really found any foods that trigger a significant reaction for him so I have given up trying to find food trigger and just stay away from milk and potatoes since that is what the testing showed for food sensitivities.

I still do give him chocolate, and baked goods but mostly homemade treats now or organic bars with no preservatives. He had a more than usual this weekend after bringing home treats from school for Valentines Day and I didn't notice any significant reaction so I just use everything in moderation.

To add to Chemar and Claire's comments, there are some things that are just too hard to avoid in order to keep him happy and it isn't worth the hassle with the tics being minor at the moment.

Heather

Heather,

It’s good to know that your son is getting better each day. Please keep us updated. I don’t think she does the “Electra Dermal testing”, but will check with her though.

Efgh,

My son also eats lot of meat (pork and chicken mainly). He is a meat lover. Our whole family drinks Crystal Geyser’s natural spring bottle water. I also mentioned the “corn syrup” to my naturopath during the visit. She said it’s ok. It’s different from the high fructose corn syrup. I haven’t read the articles about soy milk yet. I will read the information soon. I don’t usually give my son chocolate, candie sort of stuff as they usually trigger my son’s cough, then asthma. So he knows this even before he had tics. However, I couldn’t avoid them for the Valentine’s Day. He ate them at school but not too much.

I just read Dr. Doria's "Is this your child" book Fatty Acid section. She mentioned that too much, too less or incorrect oil used may aggregate the symptoms temporarily. It sounds pretty triggy.

efgh/Heather/jean

Heather,

I know you mentioned threelac a couple of times is it just for yeast or for heavy metals or both? I want to mention this to my doctor when we next meet, since it was so helpful to you. It is all I can do not to get started with it now! Also, I did buy epsom salts--if I can ever get him to take a bath not a shower.

I am not so patient and have added in all the supplements back in except one (a new one each day), and the big antioxidant I am only doing one capsule instead of two.

Heather--do you think the touching is a tic or a compulsion for your child? I could never figure that one out for my son--I assumed it was a compulsion.

efgh

I don't think you can delete a post. To edit one after it is posted, go back to your post--just like you are just going to read it. Immediately above your post, on the right side, you will see the word edit. Click on this and it will take you to a screen where it looks like you just typed in the post and are ready to submit. You can can or delete easily. To delete the extra posts, delete all but one letter--like a period--this is better than a page of duplicates.

efgh/jean

Interesting that our 3 kids all have reactions to caffeine (chocolate) and TV. Perhaps the flicker is some sort of stimulant for them, and they are easily stimulated. I am more amazed that caffeine in chocolate doesn't affect more kids that way--they are lucky, since so many holidays have chocolate. Although it seems to me that the chocolate in candy is worse than chocolate in homebaked goods, so it could also be the vanillin or other artificial ingredients for my son, who knows? I do let him have some chocolate these days--compensating for taking away wheat due to his allergy.

Heather--I notice the chocolate because he rarely has it, and his reaction is within an hour. Since he doesn't get tics without the computer, I notice the fidgetyness go way up, and he definitely can't sleep following an intake of chocolate late in the day.

Claire

ps, heading out of the house for vacation tonight. Don't know if I can get the internet while I am gone or not.

Guest Guest_Heather

Claire,

The Threelac is strictly for the yeast. When I resarched treatment for yeast on the internet Threelac came up all the time seemingly to be one of the most effective. The NDF from Bioray is what we are using for the metals.

Your comment about the face touching was interesting to label it as a compulsion rather than a tic. I guess you are probably right...it would be more of a compulsion than a tic. I never really thought about it before and was just lumping all his involuntary movements into the tic category.

I know your boy is a bit older so yes, the bath thing must be tough. Will is only 7 so he actually enjoys the epsom salt baths and still plays in the tub with cooking utensils and bowls, etc. I also sit with him beside the tub and play word games so it easy to convince him to have long soaks in the tub. If he were older, this just wouldn't be possible.

All,

Another thing I realized today. The metal that my son showed highest in was Aluminum, near toxic. The rest of the metals were only moderately elevated. Anyway, since I was having trouble ramping up the dosage of NDF, I kept wondering if he were still being exposed to aluminum somewhere.

I have mentioned he eats only organic and no preservatives or additives and I have been very careful with the cookware I use, as well as the use of salt. However, the one item that he can't handle (hates the taste) is the organic peanut butter so I have continued to use Kraft Peanut Butter. He didn't show a peanut allergy so I haven't omitted it from his diet. He loves Peanut Butter and eats it every day. While browsing articles today, I typed in (Aluminum, Hydrogenated Oils) and came up with thousands of articles saying that all hydrogenated oils have nickel and aluminum remnants. All of you may already know the dangers of hydrogenated oil since somewhere I remember reading from one of you that you avoid trans fats. I knew hydrogenated oils were bad for your body but didn't realize the heavy metal content.

After reading this I realized where my son's high aluminum came from. I always wondered why this metal was higher than the rest. His diet used to consist of a lot of potato chips, crackers, cheese whiz, etc. made with hydrogenated oils. One article called this process the silent killer. Needless to say, no more Kraft Peanut Butter. We will see what happens. As the articles say, it is in 60% of products in the supermarket today so it will be hard to avoid.

Have a great vacation Claire.

Heather

Heather,

Thanks so much for the info on transfats! We don't give them to my son (I was the one that posted that), but only started this healthier practice a year ago--it started with cholerestol concerns with us parents. Also until uncovering his wheat allergy 3 months ago, he still got it daily during snacktime in school aftercare.

I am especially worried about my son's braces. Maybe this is contributing to heavy metal build-up. Both Chemar and Sheila Rogers have commented on braces contribution to either tics or OCD, I can't remember which. My son says that on occassion, he gets this awful metallic taste in his mouth--like when you chew on foil with fillings. We have had delays upon delays in his ortho. progress.

My son is now allergic to peanuts, but prior to this he ate Adam's peanut butter (and Laura Scudder before that). I don't think they are organic, but at least there are no partially hydrogenated oils in them. You might wish to try them if you haven't. If he doesn't like it, then perhaps mix 1/2 and 1/2 of each and slowly reduce the Kraft PB portion. A pain, but this has worked for me for other things.

Thanks for the Threelac info also. I should probably get the book that Chemar recommends. Our ENT doctor said you had to cut out sugars to get rid of yeast--did you do this?

Claire

Claire

have you checked on just what your son's braces are actually made of?

Braces have been implicated in both increased tics and OCD.

My son cannot tolerate ANY metal in his mouth and even uses plastic utensils.

metal makes him tic horribly and also sets off his OCD and bruxism.

What about those new non-metallic braces on the market?

maybe that would be a better alternative, especially with your son reporting the metallic taste and showing high metal levels.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation time and come back refreshed and inspired.

:wacko:

Guest Guest_Heather

Claire,

Thought I might squeeze this in before you go on vacation. Thanks for the tips with the Peanut Butter (Brands without hydrogenated oils and mixing 1/2 with the old stuff) That is a great idea to make the transition.

How much longer does your son have to wear the braces? Since my kids are young I haven't had to deal with that issue yet but would see it as a concern, especially with having the metal taste.

I didn't eliminate sugar entirely while using the Threelac, just used it in moderation. When I was researching different yeast remedies it was the one that claimed you didn't have to be on a special diet but just to use sugar in moderation. It is that good!!!! I know I have talked about it before but I swear by this product. His bowel movements totally changed while on it and his snorting was reduced by 80% while using it.

Heather

Hi Heather and Chemar,

Here I am at a local hotel (while they do our floors), with my son and I listening to Harry Potter. The local connection through the hotel phone worked--I never know for sure.

Chemar, it never occurred to me to check out the plastic braces, what a clever idea. I asked once (just out of curiousity) and the orthodontist said you must go slower with them. My son has had these on for 1.5 years and they should have been off by now. Grrrrrrr...the bands kept coming loose and cutting into his gums, and with appointments 6 weeks apart we lost time and took off the one band until it healed.

We have an ortho appt tomorrow and I will see what the doctor says. I think I will need to find out the content of the braces and have the heavy metal test. I think we have already spent $3500 and insurance only paid $750. So any changes would be more money. I don't care about money versus his health, but my husband watches money carefully so I would have to justify it. I am sure that he would still have the metal bands though, so I don't want to slow down the process--plus I just think the whole braces thing is bad news for him. His teeth are pretty straight, it is mostly his bite that is off and that can also cause teeth grinding and bad oral health if not taken care of. They said it is easier to do just movement at an early age.

My son uses plastic utensils now that he has braces. He says the silverware touching his braces is just awful.

Heather/Chemar, I just offered my son epsom salts in the hotel bath and got an adament no. Oh well.

Heather, I personally think that Adam's peanut butter (I get the kind with salt) tastes better than the other brands like Kraft and Jiffy. But I have an adult's taste buds. I think mostly it is what they are used to. You can always start with 25%new/75% old if he is really picky. Patience isn't my thing, but I am learning.

I just read more of Doris Rapp and she says a metallic taste in the mouth is a sign of chemical sensitivity.

Claire

Hi All,

When chossing peanut butter I would really try to go with organic. Conventional peanuts are the worst nut that you could eat. They are very susceptible to a fungus and so are chemically treated like crazy to inhibit the growth not to mention the pestcides that are used. A couple of good brands are Maranatha and Natural Value.

Jennifer