ACN Latitudes Forums

could it be?!

Hi everyone, i just got back from San Diego i was there with my friend visiting our other friend. I noticed something i drove and once i started leaving Los Angeles i was getting noticiably calmer and my tics were reducing. The whole time i was at San Diego i had no tics, well i had a few but i think it was normal everybody does some blinking some moving around but i was feeling so happy that i was not ticing. On the way back i was doing great until i got closer to home then my tics started going crazy. Could it be that i am ticing because of my home area? pollution, stress, people around me? I really couldn't believe how much of a difference this trip made. Any suggestions? Oh also when i was at San Diego i ate like MacDonalds and other super unhealthy things, drank sodas, alcohol, smoked tobacco. I did it all with out any tics.

ABH,

That is interesting, but definitely a hard one to figure out, but you might want to consider another trip soon, or just drive out of LA and see what happens. I'm half joking, but you never know. You did say your vocal kicked up right before the trip, right? did it also decrease or disappear once you began the trip?

Faith

ABH,

That is interesting, but definitely a hard one to figure out, but you might want to consider another trip soon, or just drive out of LA and see what happens. I'm half joking, but you never know. You did say your vocal kicked up right before the trip, right? did it also decrease or disappear once you began the trip?

Faith

i was pretty much 99% tic free at san diego and my vocal tic has disappeared

Could be environmental or mental.

For example, it could have been something (or lack of something) in the air.

Or it could also have been an increase or decrease in stress causes a change in neuro chemicals resulting in your tic temporarily going away. Sometimes when I go out in public, like to the store for example, my tic almost completely disappears, and then when I come home it comes back. And sometimes it's the opposite. I haven't quite figured out why yet.

Could be environmental or mental.

For example, it could have been something (or lack of something) in the air.

Or it could also have been an increase or decrease in stress causes a change in neuro chemicals resulting in your tic temporarily going away. Sometimes when I go out in public, like to the store for example, my tic almost completely disappears, and then when I come home it comes back. And sometimes it's the opposite. I haven't quite figured out why yet.

ugh i have no idea. Im confused more then ever now i have no idea what to think.

Were you taking any supplements or vitamins or medications at home that you did not take while in San Diego? Maybe something you were taking before was triggering it??

HMM!!!!! good point i didnt take my vitamins with me to san diego they contain amino acids, that could be it. But the thing is the tics came back before i got home and once i got home i was fine again after taking the vitamins. Ive realized something about me. My body always feels uncomfortable i always feel like something its bothering me. I feel like i might be having panic attacks every time i drive or every time im in class etc. I feel like my breathing gets harder and i feel like im panicing inside. When i come home and lay down on my bed i feel super comfortable so my tics are pretty much almost gone.