ACN Latitudes Forums

Sitting still?

Char

Hi Everyone,

Today my son was at one of his activities and the activity required him to sit still for quite some time, to listen. I watched him as he struggled to sit still. He had some tics but, most of the time he was very wiggly and just could not sit still. The other boys his age could sit still and listen. As I was watching him, I felt like bursting into tears. I have him on supplements but nothing really takes his eye tics away or gets him to sit still. Does anyone else's child with tics, have a hard time sitting still and paying attention? I think it is hard for him to pay attention because his eyes are rolling to one side all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I am writing because I really need some advice. Thanks Char...

Hi Everyone,

Today my son was at one of his activities and the activity required him to sit still for quite some time, to listen. I watched him as he struggled to sit still. He had some tics but, most of the time he was very wiggly and just could not sit still. The other boys his age could sit still and listen. As I was watching him, I felt like bursting into tears. I have him on supplements but nothing really takes his eye tics away or gets him to sit still. Does anyone else's child with tics, have a hard time sitting still and paying attention? I think it is hard for him to pay attention because his eyes are rolling to one side all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I am writing because I really need some advice. Thanks Char...

I have a very hard time sitting still. The only way i am able to sit still is if i dose off into a different world and just day dream. I cant sit still i always have my sholder tic, eye tic, neck tic, and abdominal tic. Those are my main ones and it gives me a really hard time sitting still and paying attention. I was actually going to post up a new thread asking if anybody has children or even them selves with tics who have a hard time paying attention or reading. I have a really tough time concentrating on my reading because i always tic after every 2 words i read. It is really making it really hard for me to do my thing to get my law degree. I was looking up A.D.D symptoms and i have a few of them so i feel like that might be also one of my problems. If anybody else has any input for both of us please let us know.

Hi Everyone,

I have a very hard time sitting still. The only way i am able to sit still is if i dose off into a different world and just day dream. I cant sit still i always have my sholder tic, eye tic, neck tic, and abdominal tic. Those are my main ones and it gives me a really hard time sitting still and paying attention. I was actually going to post up a new thread asking if anybody has children or even them selves with tics who have a hard time paying attention or reading. I have a really tough time concentrating on my reading because i always tic after every 2 words i read. It is really making it really hard for me to do my thing to get my law degree. I was looking up A.D.D symptoms and i have a few of them so i feel like that might be also one of my problems. If anybody else has any input for both of us please let us know.

no body has any input on this?

Well, I'd say that many 'people' are fidgety, not just those who tic. I am a fidgeter and so is my husband so I don't expect my son to sit completely still if he's ticcing or not. I know that the omega oils can help with ADD and similar symptoms but I don't have any of us on them currently. My dh(who's ADHD) has said in the past that the combination of Vitamin B complex 50 and Omega's helps with his concentration and remaining calm. He calls the B vitamins his Happy Pills! Anyway, you may want to see if these things could help if you're not doing them yet. My ds was on B6 for his tics but then I saw an increase in them over the past few months so I took him off the B6 and his tics slowly faded down to almost nothing. So, for now we're not on any supplements for the tics, just for the OCD and anxiety.

Bonnie

my son has ADD(noH) with his TS and yes, sitting still is a problem. it also gets him into the loop where when he focuses on sitting still the harder it becomes to sit still..............

the fidgets are something we have always attributed to his ADD altho there are times when he moves around due to tics

reading is a problem for him more re the OCD than his tics or attention probs as he finds he "has to" read over sentences etc to be sure he understands them "just right" etc etc

he finds reading outdoors or in a bright sunlit room far easier than by artificial light