ACN Latitudes Forums

abdominal pains?

Hi all,

Lately my son has been complaining of stomach pains. He points to the middle of his abdomen and says it hurts. This has been on and off for a couple weeks now. I did take him to the doc Saturday, and he was examined, but this is such a vague symptom, that basically the doc says if its nothing obvious, then its unlikely that a child would have something really wrong and he could just be needing more fiber, less starchy foods, yada yada, but I don't really think its that. These pains don't seem to be connected to his bowel movements, he seems to go regularly enough and he doesn't complain of not being able to go.

Last night he wriggled and writhed and was up half the night. I don't know what it could be. Has anyone had this experience with their kids? if so could you share what it might be related to? The only supps I give him presently are magnesium (natural calm) and a liquid B6 and probiotics, all of which he's taken regularly. Recently I have re-introduced Gaba, but he has taken this before and I don't recall this happening, but I suppose it could be due to that, but really not sure. I'm gonna take it out for a few days and see.

Other ideas I have are that last week he ate about 4 raw oysters, but that was over a week ago and there are no other symptoms, and I believe he said it hurt before that. During the winter break he went skiing and did complain the next couple days, so I thought maybe it was his muscles that were sore, but again that was more than a week ago and I would think that lying down and relaxing he would not feel it if it was muscle soreness. He was really uncomfortable last night. Could he have an ulcer? I know it sounds crazy for a kid, but he does feel the pain more upon waking and at night, so it seems to be more when his stomach is empty. He also seems to be eating less and getting full faster. No other symptoms, no fevers, no chills, no diahrea, no vomiting. :)

Any ideas? (and I don't wanna give that nasty tylenol, you know?! :( )

Thanks

Faith

Hi Faith,

I have had the stomach tic for 30 years. My son has had it for 6 yrs. He is doing great now and I am doing pretty well. We have been on the candida diet for almost 2 years and taking sups, probiotics, ect....

My son use to cry because of his stomach since he was about 3. I was pretty sure what it was back than, and when he could talk better at 5 and 6 I was sure what it was. It seems to be yeast related.

itsme,

was yeast ever treated via NAET, cause I think you said you did some treatments with your son?

I don't believe this is a tic, it is a stomach pain that was coming and going, and from last night through today it has increased (more often). he tries to get into a position to relieve it. I called the doctor's office today to ask for advice, but they seemed to be closed due to our snowstorm.

Faith

Hi Faith,

My son had this about a month ago. It lasted a couple weeks, and he said it hurt in the middle too. I was worried at first because it would come and go. No fever and the pain never was to the side so I just let it ride itself out. The Dr. did say there was a bug going around that was causing the same pain he was going through.

Son is doing fine now and has not had any pain in over a week and a half.

CP

It's tough to tell Patty. We finnished going a year ago after about 7 times. His tics still increased during Spring and we had him treated for Spring allergies. But maybe he would have been worse without it - who knows. For us the key seems to be clean diet and sups.

my son had pains off and on for almost 2 years till we discovered he had Crohn's

but those pains are very sharp and usually early mornings with other symptoms. Initially we also thought he had an ulcer, which I guess he did as Crohn's autoimmune reaction causes ulcerated areas

my son also had abdominal discomfort when he had candida infestation. I remember that did calm after the candida diet and supps. that was about 3 years before he got the Crohn's symptoms

he has had tummy stuff since tiny tho

He really feels Slippery Elm supplement is so very soothing and the DGL (not regular) Liquorice root lozenges heals irritated/ulcerated GIT mucosa. Curcumin helps settle the inflammation

Faith, have they checked appendix? Has he eaten oysters before?

also, what are the other ingredients in the GABA?

Thank you all for your ideas and help.

Yesterday he had more on and off pain and a second almost sleepless night last night (as did I!) of wriggling around and some tears. I had to keep him home today.

Samsmom-- I did give him some baking soda and lemon mixed in water as an antacid to see if it would help him to burp it up if it were gas, but that did not seem to do it.

Chemar-- He did have a physical examination on Saturday and was not hurting in the right lower appendix area, more in the middle. I don't recall if he ever had an oyster bofore, but has had raw clams. If it were some poisoning, I'd think there would be other symptoms. The gaba is just gaba and the same one I always gave. I did wonder about the supps and wondered if anyone had any problems with gaba or B6, but again I have given that a while now, but who knows. I'll keep out a few days anyway.

I called the docs office to ask what I should do, and the doc said he'd look at him again and then we could get an x-ray to see, but he felt pretty sure he might be impacted and have a colon full of stool. I'm not really sure about this and I see that he is going to the bathroom, but I've decided to give him Miralax stool softener and help really clean him out just to make sure (I tried to convince him to go for the suppository, but was met with some resistance, :mellow: )

He seems to feel a little better today, he says it hurts "a little". he slept a little and layed down all day, but the miralax hasn't worked on him yet. I'm going to see through with the softener and gauge it from there.

Thanks

Faith

• 7 months later...

Hi

Did you ever find out what was causing your son's pains? My son had these for 6 months and was then diagnosed with strep and PANDAS. 1 week after starting antibiotics his pains stopped. That was 2 months ago and he has never had them since. Still has tics though but all other symptoms cleared up really quickly.

Jules,

I did follow thru with giving the stool softener even tho I kind of didn't think it would help. but it appears it did. I think he really was not totally emptying his bowels. so yes, that did clear up after using the softener for a couple days.

Faith