ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone tried "cupping"?

Tracey111

I went to see an Oriental Medicine Dr. today. I was very impressed....they actually cared about what supplements he was taking and asked me to track his food intake....both of which my nuerologist and ped told me not to worry about!!!!

She mentioned acupuncture and cupping to my son. He, of course, dimissed both of them......but she said we should start with cupping for his attention/tic problems.

Has anyone tried this?

Tracey,

I love cupping. For me it is such a tic reducer. I was unable to have cupping done for 20 weeks due to being pregnant, and I did start to get some head/shoulder/neck tics. Luckily, after talking to my acupuncturist, I was able to have cupping again starting 3 weeks ago because I'm past my 20th week in pregnancy. Cupping makes a huge difference in my tics.

Carolyn

Hey Caroyln,

It is good to hear from you. Hope all is going well with your pregnancy other than the tic. I wish i have something to offer.

Regarding the cupping. Do you only do cupping and no acunpuncture? And how frequent? As i am interesting in doing that for my son. Does cupping help with vocal, motor and facial tics?

Thx!

Pat

Hi Patty,

I have cupping done at every acupuncture section which is every four weeks currently. I may eventually see if I can get the cupping done monthly and acupuncture every few months. For me, the cupping helps with the motor tics. I don't have a lot of vocal and facial tics.

Carolyn

Thank you for the input....and I hope your pregnancy is going well....I remember reading a post when you first said you were pregnant...seems like it was yesterday!

He had the cupping tonight. His little back turned purple in some spots.....and it was worse on his left side.....it didn't bother him. It was just so purple.....he will have to go once a week and then it will be monthly. He only has minor tics....I am really looking for help with the focus. We will see.......my pockets are a couple hundred lighter, thanks to the supplements that I had to buy.....I hope he improves!!!!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

In Russia cupping is very popular for respiratory problems. I've never heard that it helps with tics, but now I realize that when I was a child and every time my mom did cupping for me, I felt so calm and tic free afterwards.