ACN Latitudes Forums

Digestive Enzymes

Betty04

Hi Betty04,

How are things coming along with your son via Bioset? Are you seeing the practitioner that i refer you to? May i ask when did you start treatment and what have you treated so far?

Your feedback is appreciated as my kids were treated via bioset.

Pat

Hi Betty04,

How are things coming along with your son via Bioset? Are you seeing the practitioner that i refer you to? May i ask when did you start treatment and what have you treated so far?

Your feedback is appreciated as my kids were treated via bioset.

Pat

Pat,

We only went for the initial evaluation for bioset last week. He had a very long list of food sensitivities. I certainly will keep you posted on how things progress. Our next appointment is 3/5. Thanks for your help! I hope things are well on your end.

Digestive enzymes greatly reduced my daughter's tics. Her doctor recommended she remove all milk and wheat from her diet. That was impossible. She'd come home from school saying, " Mom I did really well today, no bread, I had crackers instead!" (banging my head against wall) Any way they helped. They are natural and made from papaya and pineapple and lactose. Very helpful in digestion. We use Zygest brand and it has lots of enzyemes in them. The more types, the more types of foods aided in digestion. Now that tics are better, she's starting with OCD. Motherhood sure can be tough sometimes. You just breathe because you figured out a way to help your child, and then something new pops up. (sigh)

Any supplement suggestions for OCD? Trying DHEA but I hear conflicting reports on it's safety...

Nancy

Thanks for the positive feedback. I am just nervous that the enzymes will worsen things. I was not sure if they are beneficial for most or if some actually had a worsening of symptoms?

Nancy,

what kind of ocd are you noticing? did she ever have that before? how old is she. Thanks, my son has a repetitive erasing thing going on, which is under control as long as he writes in pen, altho he still goes over the letters and crosses out, but seems not to dwell on it. I am going to start some therapy with a clinician who works with kids thru art therapy.

Faith

Digestive enzymes are the only supplements I give. He has never had a bad reaction to them. We use houston enzymes. I tried initially removing all the foods he was sensitive to per IgG testing and that proved too difficult. The digestive enzymes seem to keep the tics minimal so far. Whenever I have tried to add other supplements his tics have increased so I have given up on any other supplements besides enzymes. However, lately I have seen some tics poking through- the same thing happened this time last year and I think it has to do with the change of weather/allergies. I had to give him Claritin for a bad virus he had last week and the tics stopped. I'm still giving the claritin because I'm thinking that helped him.

Mary