ACN Latitudes Forums

Diagnosis

michele

Have some of you ever sought out a diagnosis of Aspergers since the PANDAS symptoms have presented? I just wondered because so many of the symptoms seem to fit. The obsessions, marked likes, talking so much, ADHD, tics, emotional issues, stomach and yeast trouble. Also the fact that the ADHD meds aren't helping as they should. It seems he has too much dopamine and they just are increasing the levels making him anxious and edgy. Do others think PANDAS is a spectrum disorder? I think Dr. Bock considers it to be in his book and also Sweedo seems to be making that connection in her later recearch. What about it? I have made an appointment with a ped neuro who specializes in autism. Our ped neuro specializes in motor tics he feels treatment of symptoms is more important then a label. A spectrum diagnosis could make a difference in school assistance though. My son tests very well in school and is a smart boy, but still is having difficulty with new concepts in school. Thanks for your input in advance. He is very high verbal but struggles with spatial and visual and motor.

Michele

This link talks about OC spectrum disorders, which includes tourette's, OCD, eating disorders, etc...

http://www.brainphysics.com/spectrum.php

I have always said that PANDAS is so incredibly tricky, not just b/c of the strep issues, but b/c there is such a HUGE range of symptoms that children experience. I never have thought of it as a spectrum, but would the fact that there is such a range make it a spectrum disorder? I think you are very wise to explore all the avenues that you are!

Colleen