ACN Latitudes Forums

Kynurenate

Char

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions. My son was found to have High Kynurenate levels in his OAT test. So that means he has low serotonin levels? I know this means that he has A Vitamin B6 deficiency. Is there anything I can do to help this? Can someone please explain what this means? Has anyone else had High Kynuenate levels before? Need some feedback, Thanks Char...

We got the same result on our OAT test (kynurenic was 3.28). My ND told me that it's possible he is not metabolizing the B6 properly but it also could be an effect of his candida/clostridia issues. We are now in the process of dealing with his gut issues and hope that in the process ti will help some of the other problems that were shown on his OAT test.

we have found P-5-P to be the best form of B6 to use

I am kinda rusty on this but doesnt high kynurate also indicate pyroluria? in the past we have had members whose kids tics resolved once this was treated with B6 and zinc I believe (check me on that please tho as I am not sure of the details anymore)

Thanks for the responses!! I am trying to get rid of the Clostridia in my son. It seems to be sticking around.

mylittleangel, My sons high reading was(3.80). You said you have started Culturelle, do you use the 10 billion or the 30 billion? I have been using the 10 billion 2times per day. I don't think it's enough though. I have been reading to help to get rid of Clostridia, you need to start by using a high potency single probiotic. I think I might start using the 30 billion. I am also using Saccharomyces boulardii 2times per day. I have been giving my son 50mg of vitamin B6 everyday in the ts-plus. But he was still showing a vitamin B6 deficiency on his OAT test. So I have been looking into pyroluria. I have decided to give more vitamin B6 in the P-5-P form and more zinc because he only gets 10 mg in the ts-plus.

Thanks Chemar, for your helpful suggestions you have been giving me. You are such a kind person So (Thanks again), I really appreciate it :unsure: