ACN Latitudes Forums

Congrats to the LOCAL HERO and his MOM!

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Hi Chemar,

Wow! your story simply is fascinating. OUr heartiest congratulations to your GREAT son ! Your efforts have really reaped a lot of benefits. Now tell me - if your son or you were to opt between living with TS or just being like any other person, which would you choose???

I am so proud of you and your son. Don't have words to express our happiness.

Chemar, also thanks for your USEFUL info on candidas or deworming. you are right about deworming medicines. even my doctor was not for it. But its me who suspect worms ... the reason is my son is not gaining enough weight though he is eating ok. doctor says there is no problem, just leave it.. i thought it was due to worms. other than that, he has no anal itching and he is active, healthy, cheerful and normal with a good appetite. so, my doctor said since I was so keen , I may get a stool test done to eliminate worms if any.

what is your advice on this? Also, can I get pumpkin seeds as such in the local market? Should it be taken as dry pumpkin seeds?

thanks and once again congrats to your son. ( i have seen some of his posts in braintalk and have been impressed with his courage and MATURITY!)

BEst wishes.

Chemar

Does tea (normal lipton tea bag) affect tics? I have noticed that my son's asthma symptoms (cough, cold , sorethroat etc) get a lot better when I give him HOT tea (may be because of the thiamine it contains). But due to his tics, I am skeptical doing this.. what is your suggestion on this?

For how long do you suggest the pumpkin seeds (roasted or raw?) for worms. Since its anyway healthy, probably I can give him as a daily routine?? Is there any way to find out that his worms are gone after I start this? (other than taking another stool test?)

Is the blood test for candida reliable? for how long did you use capyrylic acid for your son's candida treatment? Are chlorella and probiotics also for candida? Did you use all the above three?

thanks.

thanks for the good wishes efgh.

I guess if i were honest, I would prefer my son to be free of any problems.....but I guess then we would already be in heaven eh? :)

I really have seen the fact that he has overcome so much, and learned to accept his TS/OCD etc rather than being unhappy about it, this has made him a stronger and caring person.

Now, as to the deworming ...... raw pumpin seeds are best...7 each morning before breakfast and chewed very well. If raw ones cant be handled, then the toasted ones are ok.....just take more.

I buy mine at the WholeFoods market, but have seen the toasted ones in the snack aisle of most supermarkets. Healthfood stores probably also carry them.

My Natural Remedies book recommends they be taken for 10 days each morning.

Hope this answers Heather's question too

As to candida......the Caprylic Acid needs to be used in conjunction with the special diet to be most effective.

The Solaray one is a blend of caprylate from magnesium, calcium and zinc and so is beneficial to tics too.

We used it for one month.

It is VERY concentrated, slow release and so is not designed for long term use.

I still give all of us a 3 day course once a month to keep the yeast at bay, and we try to maintain a diet that prevents their buildup.

Daily probiotics are essential....we take ours in the form of pure, natural yoghurt, made by Stoneyfield farms. Making your own yoghurt is also a great source.

DONT use the flavored ones from stores.....full of junk!

Kefir (again the plain one) is also good

Sweeten or flavor with fruit, honey, maple syrup etc.

oops! Forgot to respond re the tea.......although caffeine is generally not recommended for TS, yet my son too finds regular tea very soothing....he likes it with lemon & honey.

I am a big tea fan myself, and especially now that their is so much evidence coming forth on the health benefits of both black and green tea.

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar

thanks for your useful info.

I buy organic bifidus bacteria natural pure yoghurt. Is that similar to probiotic yoghurt that you are mentioning (bifidus bacteria - that means probiotic am i right?)

Did you notice any increase in tics in your son's case due to the normal tea? Do you give it every day? Do you give the LIPTON dip bag tea? I give this with very little milk and grated ginger, cloves etc and it seems to help his cough/cold/asthma in general.

Was your son proved positive in the candida blood test? If not, did you still start off with the candida supplements , capyrylic acid, etc...

You mentioned making yoghurt on our own. Can you please elaborate on this and in that case how would it contain probiotics ?

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar

thanks for your tip on pumpkin seeds. I started my son on them yesterday. just a general question. you mentioned about the general course for 10 days (7 seeds daily morning).

Since its so healthy basically , can I give it everyday on a long term basis instead of just 10 days.. would appreciate your advice on this. any negative effect expected??

thanks.

Hi efgh

pumpkin seeds are fine to eat every day, as far as I know and with no bad side effects that i am aware of.

My family likes them toasted in the oven with either cinnamon/nutmeg/allpice for a sweet treat or a little "Nature's Seasoning" heathsalt for a salty snack.

My son (and me) did test +ve for candida in the blood tests and both eliminated the problem. In order to prevent future overgrowth we maintain a good diet and try to keep the yeast boosting foods low and take Caprylate once a month for 3 days, plus daily yoghurt or kefir. Colon cleansing supplements are also a good thing. From what I understand, you never totally get rid of Candida, but need to keep it from overgrowth.

Bifidus yoghurt is good, tho the Stonyfield Farms one contains SIX live cultures, including acidophilus, L Casei, L Reuteri and Bifidus......this therefore covers a wider spectrum of the probiotics needed.

I have not seen any tic increases from tea in my son. I dont use Lipton, but rather prefer the flavour of Red Rose (called Five Roses in some other countries)

Have a Happy Day :)