ACN Latitudes Forums

inositol dose

EAMom

I'm curious...

I've read that you can give up to 18grams/day of inositol. What types of doses are people actually finding that they need to give to have a beneficial effect (on OCD etc)? The pills only have 250mg-500mg...so there is no way somebody is taking 36 of them! How about the powder? Brands? Does it taste bad?

I'm curious...

I've read that you can give up to 18grams/day of inositol. What types of doses are people actually finding that they need to give to have a beneficial effect (on OCD etc)? The pills only have 250mg-500mg...so there is no way somebody is taking 36 of them! How about the powder? Brands? Does it taste bad?

I don't know if you read one of my more recent posts under Gaby - nightmare, but I mentioned talking to the DAN and what recommendations he made on inositol dosing and a couple of other things, but anyway - he said to start with 2 capsules (2 gms each) twice a day for a week, then up to 4 capsules (which is a total of 8gms) twice daily (16 gms). We actually have the powder form which is 700 mg. in a 1/4 teaspoon, so one teaspoon would be 2800 mg (so roughly 2 1/2 teaspoons twice daily). it doesn't taste bad mixed with juice. I got it on line through New Beginnings Nutritionals. Pat

We use Cenitol. She takes one scoop in orange juice a day--I can use two, but haven't yet because I also give it to my son and it's expensive. Anyway, it is 4 g per scoop of inositol, 200mg of magnesium, and 800 mg of citric acid.

my son needs 12-16 grams Inositol per day to keep the OCD under control.

When you say he needs that much to keep it under control - do you mean that if you were to remove it - he would have a lot of symptoms? - Does he become dependent on it? When he takes it, does he have any OCD at all? thanks, Pat