ACN Latitudes Forums

starting our candida/leaky gut fight

Hello,

I hate that feeling too - the feeling of not knowing where to begin. The good thing is Latitudes does show us the way and the posts are always encouraging :wacko:

I'm afraid that I have no answers for you because I'm just like you, mylittleangel. I am searching too and I just want to do everything I can to help my little one.

In my case, my kid eats quite a bit but she just doesn't seem to be putting on any weight. In fact, she is losing weight. We have limited her food - she does not do gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, chicken, citrus ... The IgG Allergy Test shows that she is allergic to these. Just a question - if we don't do the OAT test, is there any way to tell if our kids have a leaky gut or yeast overgrowth? Are there any obvious signs?

Shy

I am not sure if there is an exact way to find out other then taking the test. However, we suspected he had a yeast problem due to the insane amount of antibiotics he was on as an infant for chronic ear infections. He also had very dark circles around his eyes and very pale skin (he didn't look healthy). We also knew he was low in iron. I have now learned that this could be due the yeast feeding off all his nutrients and not letting his body absorb any. Since being on this diet and supplement regimen, i have people telling me how he looks like a different child - so much more healthy looking.

Phyl,

I have found your responses very helpful. I have just found out my son has a yeast overgrowth and I have been giving him probiotics in the am and the pm and 1 teaspoon of the nystatin. His neck tic has come back and I am now wondering if it is the yeast dying off. I am going to take him off the nystatin I think and cut the probiotics to once per day just to see if it makes his neck tic subside

abbe