ACN Latitudes Forums

Candida tests

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar and others

Can you please tell me the tests that I need to do to find out if my son has Candida. is it a stool test, if so what is the name of the test?

Another question - have any of you tried Deworming your kids? My doctor said before doing it, its better to do a stool test to test for worms and then give deworming medicine if required .. can you please tell me if deworming stool test also can detect candida?

How do i know if my son has Candida? what test should i ask the doctor to do?

thanks

Hi efgh

we had a blood test for candida as it can have overgrowth in many parts of the body, not just the digestive tract.....a stool test would only show that from the gut etc.

Deworming meds are not IMHO a good thing as they are mainly poisons :)

I prefer pumpkin seeds.....they are tasty and healthy to humans, but get rid of any worms. Eat on an empty stomach(about 7 seeds per day) and chew well.

Other good foods to eliminate worms are garlic and a teaspoon of grated carrot&garlic mix eaten on an empty morning stomach is helpful.

Also onions, as well as apples,green peppers,peaches,pineapple,pomegranate, sesame seeds, basil and rhubarb.

Hot lemon juice is also good

The only way to accurately detect worms is by a stool test as far as i know..although anal itching can be a sign of threadworms, which are the most common human worms.

We use a 1st morning urine test to check for yeast/fungal metabolites. As I understand it the metabolites are products of the yeast/fungus. This test also shows metabolites of bad bacteria (clostridia, for example) when they are present. Our doctor relies on this test, though I haven't asked why. It is the Microbial Organic Acid Test panel from Great Plains Lab. http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/

We have been working for a while to get rid of these metabolites in my son. So far, the clostridia metabolites have been reduced to a normal level (they had been extremely high), while the yeast/fungal metabolite levels have dropped substantially but are still somewhat elevated. As these metabolite levels dropped, his level of tics also dropped. Now, I rarely see any tics, and the difference is amazing.

Good luck!