ACN Latitudes Forums

My Facial Tics are really starting to bother me

AHB900

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, i just messaged her.

I just got myself some magnesium taurate, calcium citrate, and L- carnetine. I started taking them and i dont know if it was phsyological but i feel i already had a much easier day today compared to yesterday. I cant really tell if it was the supplements i took or if it was just one of those days where things happen to go better for me. How long are the supplements suppose to take to show results? I cant say they were all gone, but it was less stressful today.

Hi

my son noticed immediate relief when he started taking magnesium, and a steady improvement as we added the correct supps he needed.

just remember if you add any more to do them ONE at a time and wait a couple days before adding the next. that way you will be able to tell if something doesnt react well with your system and not have to do guesswork

although all supps have benefit, not all people react the same way to different things becasue of our unique metabolism/biochemical make up

Hi

my son noticed immediate relief when he started taking magnesium, and a steady improvement as we added the correct supps he needed.

just remember if you add any more to do them ONE at a time and wait a couple days before adding the next. that way you will be able to tell if something doesnt react well with your system and not have to do guesswork

although all supps have benefit, not all people react the same way to different things becasue of our unique metabolism/biochemical make up

The weird thing is last night i felt i had more control over my tics like i was able to stop my self from doing it. It was that much of a difference. I will continue everything today hopefully i can manage to figure out how to pretty much get rid of my tics. Honestly, now that i know what is wrong with me i really feel not normal compared to other people its really a depressing thing when i look around me and realize i probably will never feel the way they feel. I just wish one day i can feel that way...

Just wanted to say this, "Who of us is REALLY normal?" I mean honestly, when you really look around you, people may appear normal on the outside but the longer I live on this earth and the more I get to know people and their quirks, habits, mannerisms, expectations, etc. I realize that there is no such thing as normal. Please don't get so caught up in your tics. They make you an individual. You may know someone who has habits that they hide from others and they don't tell you. I know I do(and I'm not telling..hehe). Anyway, I know you're only 20, but believe me: You are as normal as your best friend, your boss, your mother, or your girlfriend. You just haven't developed the relationships with people where you see their quirks and habits as abnormal, KWIM? Anyway, hang in there! Try to focus on the good stuff in your life and take this adventure into your 'tic world' one step at a time!

Bonnie

I so agree with that Bonnie

everyone has something they have to deal with so it is all relative. The key IMO is identify what you can do to make things better and do all you can toward that. Then dont stress too much over what you cannot fix. Stress always seems to make things worse ^_^

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In reading your posts what really stuck out to me is you stated that winter seems to be far worse then summer for your tics. That would really make me believe it must be some sort of allergy your body is fighting. I have done a lot of research regarding the ultimate cause of tics and for so many people allergies is a beginning point.

In a quick recap, what happens is when your body is struck with an allergen then your body produces histamine. Histamine also happens to be a neurotransmitter that affects other neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are part of what helps the brain function. Someone who is predisposed to tics when there neurotransmitters get out of order will then start to tic.

One thing you could easily do is try taking some allergy medicine, like benadryl, to see if the tics calm down. Many people on this forum have noticed a reduction in tics by taking an allergy medicine of some sort. Now with that said, I know some people actually get an increase in tics after taking allergy medicine. I know I remember reading Chemar's son had a really bad reaction to the allergy medicine. My naturopathic doctor told me, it is uncommon but certainly can happen, that in some people there body will send a rush of histamine out to counteract the allergy medicine. But most people do not so it is certainly worth the try and it will give you a bigger understanding of what is going on if you see a big reduction in tics after taking it.

I know some allergy medicine, like Bendadry, can make you sleepy. So you might want to talk to a pharmacist about your choices.

My son has tics and his main triggers are MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yellow Dyes, Red Dyes, and Caramel Color. We have him on a bunch of supplements to help counteract the reactions. Magnesium Taurate has been huge in helping out but so has B6. He takes a minimum of 50 mg's a day of B6.

I really do think you are dealing with allegeries on some level. I remember reading of a woman, on this forum, who had tics really really bad. Her family was not supporting her at all in trying to figure out answers. She came to this forum and got all kinds of answers. Very quickly she figured out her allergen. I think it was dairy. Once she got it out of her diet she noticed a huge difference in her tics.

That is really the thing to keep in mind is your body is not doing this just because. There are triggers and reasons behind it. It takes time to figure it out. You may need to keep food journals or some other type of journals to try to figure out the pattern of what it is. Perhaps you could go to an allergy doctor to be tested.

God Bless you and hang in there. There are answers!!

Carolyn

Hey everyone, i was sitting around and thinking i was wondering would it be possible that my only tic triggers are stress and allergies? Because during summer i eat the same as i do in the winter i eat anything and everything the only thing different in the summer is the fact that i dont have school to worry about i love the weather more and i guess no allergy? Would this be possible? I really think i have a allergy my nose clogs every chance it gets especially when i am in doors and my eyes tear up and no matter what i do i cant get my nose open. What do you guys think?

you may have dustmite allergy or some other indoor allergy (carpeting, paint, woodwork, household cleaning products, "bad indoor air", mold, etc are all potential)

stress is a major tic trigger

Did you take a look at that list of tic triggers that I linked for you in my earlier post?

you may have dustmite allergy or some other indoor allergy (carpeting, paint, woodwork, household cleaning products, "bad indoor air", mold, etc are all potential)

stress is a major tic trigger

Did you take a look at that list of tic triggers that I linked for you in my earlier post?

Yes i looked at the list. The werid thing is my tics tend to get less when i come home from where ever i am. Wouldn't it get worse if it was dust mites considering those are usually indoors?

Sounds to me that you certainly are dealing with an allergy. Some on this forum have found using a hepa filter in their bedroom and other areas of the house decreases indoor allergens.

Also you might want to try something called a Neti Pot. It is really strange devise. But it is a tea pot shape that you use these saline packets that come with it. It really helps releave congestion in the nose. It feels really weird at first, but it really does a good job in helping keeping the nose less congested. I don't think it would help lower you histamine levels, in other words, I don't know the Neti Pot would help with the tics but it would help with the stuffiness aspect. You can buy a Neti Pot at Walgreens or Walmart in the pharmacy area.

Also Vitamin C in high levels, too high of levels will give you diarrhea, but at least 1,000 mg's a day will help lower your histamine levels. My son is 8 and 53 pounds and can easily do 1,000 mg's without getting diarrhea. Also Apple Cider Vinegar lowers your histamine levels. You can buy it in capsules, because it tastes very strong, from a brand called Natural Factors.

I know for my son when his histamine is higher because he is having a reaction when he gets stressed on top of it his tics are much higher. But if his histamine is lower and he gets stressed he has very minimal tics. So my point is if you can get your allergies under control even if you get stressed you should have less of a response with your tics.

Do you happen to have an animal in the house that perhaps is shedding during the time when your allergies start up?

God Bless,

Carolyn

Sounds to me that you certainly are dealing with an allergy. Some on this forum have found using a hepa filter in their bedroom and other areas of the house decreases indoor allergens.

Also you might want to try something called a Neti Pot. It is really strange devise. But it is a tea pot shape that you use these saline packets that come with it. It really helps releave congestion in the nose. It feels really weird at first, but it really does a good job in helping keeping the nose less congested. I don't think it would help lower you histamine levels, in other words, I don't know the Neti Pot would help with the tics but it would help with the stuffiness aspect. You can buy a Neti Pot at Walgreens or Walmart in the pharmacy area.

Also Vitamin C in high levels, too high of levels will give you diarrhea, but at least 1,000 mg's a day will help lower your histamine levels. My son is 8 and 53 pounds and can easily do 1,000 mg's without getting diarrhea. Also Apple Cider Vinegar lowers your histamine levels. You can buy it in capsules, because it tastes very strong, from a brand called Natural Factors.

I know for my son when his histamine is higher because he is having a reaction when he gets stressed on top of it his tics are much higher. But if his histamine is lower and he gets stressed he has very minimal tics. So my point is if you can get your allergies under control even if you get stressed you should have less of a response with your tics.

Do you happen to have an animal in the house that perhaps is shedding during the time when your allergies start up?

God Bless,

Carolyn

no, no shedding animals. what is histamine? is that why we have tics? It was really werid today i woke up just fine then as the day went on it got worse and worse i think it might have been my lunch, but after i ate my lunch for about an hour or 2 it was ok then just randomly it hit me got kinda bad then went down when i went to my cousins house. Then we went out to a concert and i dont know why it became bad again my body felt really stressed i dont know why. Then i went to eat and it got better again. HOnestly the tics are so unexpected i have no idea what to think is causing it.