ACN Latitudes Forums

Egg allergy/ sensitivity

Hi.

Does anyone have any idea if getting a pretty bad stomache ache a while after eating eggs {doesn't matter how they're cooked} could be an allergy or sensitivity? I can have eggs in cakes etc, doesn't matter, just happens if they're fried, poached, boiled, scrambled. I try to avoid them as much as possible but every now and then I have a tiny bit and the same thing happens.

It pretty much has to be digested before the pain goes. Sometimes I can feel quite sick with it too.

Just curious as I know some things like this get passed onto kids.

Lyn

lynnie1264,

Hi, My son was found to have an egg intolerance through a IGG test. What's interesting is my husband gets an upset stomach when he eats eggs and so does his mom. So, I really think my son got the intolerance from my husbands side of the family. So I think it can possibly be passed down from a parent. Char...

Thank you Char...

Regarding your husband and his mother, are they able to tolerate eggs when they're in cakes etc? I've been told the thing I have is a bit weird because if you're sensitive to eggs then you'd have that reaction no matter how they're prepared.

I have the same reaction to Avocado too {i think it's called something else over there} and I've noticed they're both very high in protien.

sad because I love both... well I use to.

Thanks again,

Lyn.

lynnie1264,

My husband and his mother can eat eggs in cakes and other things. However, they cannot eat just plain eggs, they both get a stomach ache. My son cannot eat eggs at all, even if the eggs are in something. Have you or your son ever had an IGG test done before? Char...

Hi Char, :)

No we haven't. I asked my DR to do allergy tests on Brendan but all he's had done is the RAST, and apparently I've found out you can't even be sure what they tested for as it's up to the individual DR. All the DR told me was he's not allergic to grass. So I have no idea.

I don't think he was tested for any food at all. As for me, I have never had any tests like that. It's only been the last few yrs I figured out it was the egg causing the problems, and my mother told me that when my Dad use to force feed me egg as a child I would promptly throw it all up. However I've never had any huge reactions like some do.

Thanks for telling me about your husband and mother in law... as I have never come across anyone else like that. might be an idea to test for it.

Thank you,

Lyn.

Funny, my son has been saying he is "starting to feel sick" after i am giving him eggs. And I say "giving him" because I have to actually spoon feed it to him or hold a hard boiled egg in front of his mouth for him to bite it because I when I want him to eat something, he usually needs a little push or it won't get done, (he's always been like that). but anyway, lately he has been telling me that after he eats almost the whole egg. I am not feeling like eggs are an intolerance for him tho, it does not seem to increase ticcing anyway.

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember feeling that way as a child, especially if you eat eggs alone and nothing else, like a piece of toast. Interesting about the avacado, recently I gave him some slices of the avacado and he said the same thing after a few bites. ..Maybe there is something in them that is common? sulfur? Well, they are both good for facials, anyway.. har har.

Faith

Faith

Yes, well I guess I can still get my egg & avacado fix by having a facial. ha ha :)

I know by researching both egg & avocado that they are thought to be wonderful because of their high protein, and when I found a certain site I found there's HEAPS of stuff in both.

I never eat egg alone, it's always on toast or with other stuff. I asked my son before if he ever gets a tummy ache after eating eggs and he said yes. I asked because he complained of one last night. He doesn't get one though if it's in cakes though, like me.

The other thing is, it's said that if you're sensitive to eggs that you are usually sensitive to other stuff too.

Lyn

• 2 months later...

AMAZING!!!! I thought for certain I was crazy or just flat out wrong, but I have the exact same problems you describe. I'm not even sure what this forum is actually for, but I simply had to register to talk about this!

Just like you state, almost instantly after eating eggs, or avocado, prepared in certain ways..... I get a horrible feeling in my stomach. I can only describe the feeling as a cross between passing out and vomiting, without the actuality of either of those happening. It basically takes all desire to eat anything completely away from me, regardless of how hungry I may be. After 10-15 minutes my appetite returns and I can eat an alternate item.

And also, just like you said, sometimes either one is perfectly fine. I don't seem to ever have the issues with items prepared with eggs, and sometimes I can eat eggs just fine. It's crazy.

Glad to hear someone is screwed up like me!

PS. I do not suffer from Touretes, or basically any of the other afflictions discussed on these forums.

AMAZING!!!! I thought for certain I was crazy or just flat out wrong, but I have the exact same problems you describe. I'm not even sure what this forum is actually for, but I simply had to register to talk about this!

Just like you state, almost instantly after eating eggs, or avocado, prepared in certain ways..... I get a horrible feeling in my stomach. I can only describe the feeling as a cross between passing out and vomiting, without the actuality of either of those happening. It basically takes all desire to eat anything completely away from me, regardless of how hungry I may be. After 10-15 minutes my appetite returns and I can eat an alternate item.

And also, just like you said, sometimes either one is perfectly fine. I don't seem to ever have the issues with items prepared with eggs, and sometimes I can eat eggs just fine. It's crazy.

Glad to hear someone is screwed up like me!

PS. I do not suffer from Touretes, or basically any of the other afflictions discussed on these forums.

does that include EGG Beaters too?

does that include EGG Beaters too?

I've never eaten them. However, I have breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds, and have never had issue with those. Put me at a family diner type place with an omlette, and I'll probably leave with a full plate of food sitting there!

Avocado slices in salads or sandwiches will also do it.

• 2 weeks later...

My 20 year old daughter has always gotten stomach aches from eating eggs. We had her tested a year ago and and found out she is in fact allergic. She doesn't seem to get a stomach ache from eggs in baked goods, but she does if it is in dressings, mayo, etc.

• 2 months later...

Hi my name is alex

egg and avocado intolerance

for the past 2 or 3 years i have had bad reactions

im now 38 and i have had lots of eggs and avocado all my life

i love them both in all forms

in the past 6 months i have worked out that the reaction is caused by both eggs and avacado to the point that my girlfriend cooked eggs in the same pan as my bacon and mushrooms the other morning and the pain was instant within 2 mouthfulls

my pain feels like i have been kicked in the testicles but in reverse

it starts with a stomach ake that intensifies till my testicles ake and then if it gets bad enough i cant even walk

this can last from half an hour to over 3 hours

i will try the fresh egg idea

and i dont know what an egg beater is im from australia

its got me confused and i miss my quiche

dont know what to do but thought id tell u all

and i had a mcdonalds bacon and egg muffin the other morning and had no reaction so wierd

thanks

alex

I have the same issue going on with Eggs and Avocado. It's only been 2.5 years since it started and I happened to be pregnant with my son at the time. Immediately following eating either eggs or avocado I become violently ill and stay that way until the food is digested. The only thing that helps is gravol. Oddly enough I can eat eggs when they're baked in cakes or in pancakes but not cheescake. Go figure. I asked a doctor who specializes in allergies and he said there is no relation between eggs an avocado....I wanted to find out if there was anything else I should avoid.

While I was pregnant with my son I also developed the anti-WRA antigen in my blood and I wondered if there was a relation between THAT and the specific food sensitivity.

Wow, I came across this thread when I Googled allergy avacados eggs. This is the first time that I have been able to find others that have an intolerence for eggs and avocados like me. The fact that I can eat baked goods with eggs has always baffled me but at least now I know that I am not alone! If anyone finds out more information, please share it here. I really miss scrambled eggs with cheese. :( Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this seems to be much more common than I thought. Anyone else I've ever asked has just looked at me blankly. :mellow: I thought I was being smart the other day, my daughter didn't want her extra toast so I scraped the TINY bit of egg off it and ate the toast. Barely any sign of egg left. but still, the tummy ache came full force.

I certainly had never heard of anyone who could still eat the egg in cakes etc. Everyone said if egg is a problem than it's a problem in all forms. Obviously not right.

Surely there must be some connection with the avacado.

I bet there's alot more with this problem than us!!! <_<

Thanks for your input.

Lyn.