ACN Latitudes Forums

PLEASE HELP NICHOLAS IN CRISIS

abbe

Hello again

I just spoke with my natural doc. he was mildly helpful. He is not experienced with Glycine and just looked up an amount and said 1000 mg is fine for Nicky. How many of you are using Glycine and at what amount is it tolerated? safe? He also said he doesn't give pot. bicarbonate but does use tri salts which has that in it. I am going to pick it up right now.

abbe

I give my ds about 4600-5000 mg a day of glycine. I probably could up the dose if he was ticcing quite a bit. We've had no reactions to it whatsoever. HTH

Bonnie

Bonnie,

Thanks what are the ages/weight of your child that takes the glycine?

abbe

I am so nervous this neck jerk is not going to subside. i had it calm all day for the most part the tic was there but the jerk didn't start until after dinner.

Hi again,

Ok so I am writing for some major moral support. Since Nicky has this head jerk i have been so nervous it is going to stay there. I don't know why I am so scared it is so scary to watch this jerk I am completely freaked out. I am so scared it won't calm down. I can't imagine how much his little neck must hurt. I can't stop crying (not in front of him of course). I need to get a positive attitude again. I was so optimistic that I cleared his throat, eye and neck tic even if it was only for 20 days. The weirdest thing is the only tic he had last week before this set back was a stomach tick . His stomach would roll. Now that the neck tick is back the stomach one left. Why do they hop around??? I am so scared I won't be able to make it go away. maybe I am not used to the ups and downs of how this goes to figure things out. I want to be strong I am not a weak person. By the way does that Glycine make their mood better. Through all of this I noticed him pretty happy today giggling more etc. If anyone has experience with a neck jerk and can share with me how it goes away or calms down I would really appreciate it.

abbe

Abbe

you made a statement that really hit home..... I felt the same way like these tics were absorbing my sons life and my life as well. I felt so bad for him and spent hours on the internet researching things for him. One night he said after being told to slow down on the video games, which he loves, these tic are ruining my life. I felt so bad for him. He loves baseball, hunting, playing football and basketball at the house.... fishing, reading, drawing and just simply playing. Only watches sports and weather on tv but when he can he loves siiting down and playing his video games. After LONG thoughts and countless herbs, Cranial Sacral and even a Native American Doctor who guarenteed he could take these from our son we put him on topamax. He is now taking 50mg and will take no higher dosage and he is doing so much better. I can still see them slightly but i am a mom and notice everything but others do see a Large improvemetn. He plays video games when he wants and eats what he wants. We are not into giving our kids soda or piles of junk food so he eats as his sister does. I made my own NY's resolution to start spending more time enjoying both my kids and less time worrying. I felt I was letting my daughter out spending so much time trying to figure these tics out. Now we spend alot more mommy daughter time and mommy son time... although he gets alot of daddy son time too :)

Mary

Hello everyone

I really really appreciate your responses. I really thought I was going to "lose it" yesterday when his head was jerking side to side. He looked like he was in so much pain and I couldn't help him. I did give him benedryl last night (I tried not to because now he can't have the allergy testing on wed. if antihistamines are in his body. Today the neck tick is there and it is a pull and it is happening very frequently but NOTHING like what I saw last night. Do you find the tics decrease the intensity before stopping. I did give him more magnesium but no glycine yet. He had all the other things he normally has though. As far as the school snack and the fast food I found myself giving in because I felt bad for saying no to everything. I woke up all night having night terrors and fears like you can't imagine...

I wish I could take on this pain for him. My husband just came home from work to support me emotionally. I want to write more and believe me I will never give my child anything to push him over the edge again. I took him off video games (he only get to play every other weekend for 1 hour tops but who knows what did it.

[size="7"]Do you ever feel that you could let this absorb your whole life? your whole being? I miss my other children . I feel like I am not there for them. My body is there but I just yes them and I am constantly thinking about what I did right, what I did wrong........[/size]

I am very down right now. I am sorry.....

abbe

Mary,

I hear ya. My son can never be out on medications because it lowers your blood pressure and he has only 75% blood flow to his left vetrebral artery. The only thing his nerologist said was I could use anti psychotic med on my child and that is NEVER EVER happening. I don't care if I home school him and he goes to accupunture every week. I am happy for you that you found what worked and wish you well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abbe

Char, I took him off it as soon as the trouble started back up. He wont be going on it again either because I don't want him to be on a medication to cure yeast. If I go after it I will do it naturally. Thanks for thinking of me. Today he went to school and had his best day and night since it started so I thik we are moving in the right direction.

abbe