ACN Latitudes Forums

Good Natural Treatment Books

I know that I'm always wondering how I can treat things such as fevers without Tylenol, pink eye, etc. and especially will be wondering the same with my new baby that's coming in May. I've ordered a few books that talk about natural treatments for baby and childhood illnesses which were recommended to me, and I'd like to share the book information with you. I love the books and feel that they will come into use many times. So here they are:

1. Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health by Aviva Jill Romm

2. Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child by Janet Zand, Robert Rountree, and Rachel Walton

Hi Carolyn,

I wanted to give you a site that might come in handy for you too. There are others like it, but it seems like a good one for moms who want to be in the know about natural and holistic news, and I think there may be a forum too. You can probably find more sites by typing in key words like "natural mothering, etc."

http://home.homewebs.com/holisticmoms/index.cfm

Hope things are going well and you are feeling great. how are you managing with school/work and the pregnancy? how did things turn out in the long run with the teacher that gave you a hard time about participating in class, any update there? Is she realizing you are expecting yet?

Faith

Thanks Faith for the website link. I'll check it out.

Another favorite website I thought of incase anyone else is needing a good natural parenting website is http://mothering.com/discussions/. They have several different forums, but two of them are called "I'm not vaccinating" and "Selective & Delayed Vaccinating".

School/work and the pregnancy are going well. I'm taking 15 credit hours this semester and getting about 25 hours at work each week. It's keeping me busy with a lot of free time still, but I like staying busy. Last semester when I told classmates that I was pregnant they told me, but you haven't missed any school. Haven't you had any morning sickness? ... I have had morning sickness (on a daily basis for quite a while at first & I still have it a few times a week right now). I just told them that if I stayed home for morning sickness I wouldn't have been at any classes. So school/work/pregnancy are going great.

The teacher gave me 20 out of 25 points for participation points which I was totally okay with. I just think the document in my file was totally uncalled for. I ended up getting a B in that class while I got A's in my other 4 classes. B's are good and she's a tough teacher all around so I was happy with a B from her. I have her again this semester and I have a countdown of how many more classes I have left with her. I only have 13 more to go. I made sure that I sat by someone I know well so that I can show her that I do talk a lot to people I know. It probably won't help since she always chooses random groups, but it's worth a try. I just hope that I don't get her as a supervisor when I student teach for the special ed part of the program. No I haven't bothered to tell her that I'm expecting and unless she was at my student teaching meeting then she probably has no idea because most people don't notice unless they know already. When I tell others, I still get told that I don't look like it.

Carolyn