ACN Latitudes Forums

ESR LAB TEST

Darla

So the neuro we saw last week confirmed sypmtoms of pandas, I asked if there was any testing we could run to see what was going on in my son's body. She wasn't helpful, said she could run a metobolic test.. but basically sort of blew me off about it and said how he wouldn't like getting his blood drawn etc. So I have a follow up pedi appt tomorrow, called to make sure the results were faxed to him. The neuro never called me back after requesting a call back. Anyways, the receiptionist babbled about one lab test called ESR, which when I look up seems very insignifigant. I'm about to be angry I think because it just shows if there is inflammation not where it is or anything else. It seems pretty non-specific. Is this true? How do I get these people to help me get some testing done. I would like to test his immune system, allergies, and seritonin/dopamine levels? Who can do that? A DAN doctor?? ;) I would assume this basic test would show inflammation anyways. right?

Hello, A good PANDAS test is by NeuroImmunologyLabs.com I did this test twice on my son and both times his results were mostly abnormal. When I showed the results to my Pedi he was very interested and ordered IVIG for me..my Neuro thought the test results were meaningless since there was no data to back them up (PANDAS) So even if you do the tests you do not have enough to convince Dr that this is what is really wrong!

Also I found with Kaiser(my HMO) that their tests are not as intense to show true results as the DAN tests are.

For a true test of food allergies you need to do a food sensitivities test.

good luck...Sarah