ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS/OCD panel from neurosciences

dut

Hello

We've just got the "PANDAS panel" test results back and our dr is trying to get in contact with Dr Votjani (sp) at Neurosciences for some interpretation but if anyone feels they can shed some light I would be most grateful...

NORMAL results - ABNORMAL results -

Ganglioside GM1 IgG Gangliosde GM1 IgM

Myelin basic Protein Igm and IgG

Strep M Proteins IgG Strep M Proteins IgM

Streptozyme IgG Streptozyme IgM

Tubulin IgG and IgM

B Cell Antigen D8/17 came back normal/equivocal but in the lecture recently posted of Susan Swedo at the DAN conference, she said you can no longer test for those markers which now makes me slightly dubious of the whole test.

Any information anyone can share would be just great. Thanks, Dut.

Sorry my spaces diodn't make it past the posting process .. here goes again

myelin and tubulin both IgG amnd IgM came back ok as did all th eother IgGs - strep m proteins, stretozyme and ganglioside BUT the IgMs for Strep M proteins, streptozyme and gangliosdie GM1 all came back abnormal.

hope that clarifies.. sorry the mucked up the 1st post.. still waiting hopefully :-)

hi

I was wondering the same thing in regards to the D8/17 marker. I remembered sweedo saying the same thing. So what does that mean for this test? I wrote to pmoreno, i think she has used this test. Hopefully she can shed some light. I haven't purchased this test yet. I would have thought you could have gotten some lamens terms kind of explanation in regards to the results.

The myelin I believe is the protein that is on the outer part of the cell in the basil ganglia which gets chewed off by the anitgens when there is an infection. I could be wrong.. but that is where the perminant damage happens in PANDAS and why you try antibiotics to prevent that from happening. As well as the other symptoms tics, ocd, agression etc. Not sure on the rest. Anyone out there please correct me if Im wrong, i would hate to think im throwing misinformation out there. :lol:

Im very curious about this D8/17 marker, why did sweedo say it's no longer available?? yet its on this test?

Sorry my spaces diodn't make it past the posting process .. here goes again

myelin and tubulin both IgG amnd IgM came back ok as did all th eother IgGs - strep m proteins, stretozyme and ganglioside BUT the IgMs for Strep M proteins, streptozyme and gangliosdie GM1 all came back abnormal.

hope that clarifies.. sorry the mucked up the 1st post.. still waiting hopefully :-)

Just a quick update on the labs - Our Env. Dr. followed up with a Dr. from Neuroimmunology (the lab that did the panel) and the Dr. there said the results didn't "scream" PANDAS but were indicative of it. When told our dd had OCD and had responded well to antibiotics, said he felt it was probably PANDAS.

He said the Streptozyme IgM usually showed within 7-10 days of an exposure and went away after about 20-30 days. This doesn't seem to fit when she last started up again with symptoms so our Env Dr. suggests doing a general IgG and IgM panel to check her overall immunological status..