ACN Latitudes Forums

Kavinace?

Char

Has anyone tried Kavinace Supplement Before? Does it help with tics? Just curious if anyone has had any experiences with this supplement before? Thanks CHar...

Char, PMoreno had a few threads on this going on the PANDA's board. I responded quite extensively over there. Try doing a search on the website and you'll find stuff. I just don't have the time to post the whole thing right now as I'm running out.

I am very interested in this supplement because on my sons Oat test, it says his Brain Chemistry(Neurotransmitter Metabolism)-results point out nutrients are needed to help support my sons brain chemistry. So I was wondering if maybe this supplement would help. Any thoughts would be great. I also want to add that my sons OAT test indicates that his Carbohydrate Metabolism is indicating that the pathway process of carbohydrates "carbs" could benefit from nutrient support.Does anyone have experience with this? I found that interesting because one of my daughters has Diabetes. I have already talked about the bacterial infection, but I'll write exactly what the results say- The bacterial metabolites suggest the need to support gastrointestinal health and liver processes within the body. Would enzymes to process Carbohydrates help with the Carbohydrate Metabolism? Do any of your children have problems with Carb Metabolism? I'm trying to get rid of the bacterial infection and I started my son on liver life from Bio-ray yesterday to try to help his sluggish liver. I am hoping and praying that if I get to the root of these problems maybe it will help his tics and his focus. I would love to hear your thoughts on what I've mentioned. Thanks Char...

Char,

I forget, does your daughter with diabetes have any tics or other issues? Could I ask what her symptoms were that led to medical treatment and diagnosis? Do you feel that any of her symptoms are food allergy related too? I am looking at the book "Brain Allergies" and it has a chapter on hypoglycemia and diabetes, where it is talked about those health issues being food allergy related and that the symptoms could be reproduced during trials of fasting and then being fed the offending foods, something like that. What do you think? How do you manage the diabetes? how old is she and when was she first diagnosed?

Faith

ilovedogs,

Did Kavinace help your sons tics? Do you have any suggestions about this supplement? Thanks Char...

I did not find it helped his tics. It helped with the OCD he was having. We still have a lot of situational anxiety, though, and he still has tics. If you search the threads by Pmoreno you'll find other parents who are using this product and you might be able to PM them to see if they've had different results.

Bonnie

Faith,

My daughter is 13 and she was diagnosed at 4. Her symptoms when she was diagnosed were extreme thirst, weight loss, and going to the bathroom all the time. She is on a insulin pump. So it makes her life a lot easier with balancing her food and insulin intake. She has her ups and downs but over all she is doing great. It was a lot harder when she was small because she could not tell us how she is feeling.I find my sons diet to be harder then hers because her diet is not so restricitng. I am pretty sure that she has an egg intolerance like my son because if she eats plain eggs she gets an upset stomach and eczema on her arms. I've never done an IGG on her but maybe I should. My son has been on the Liver life for 2 days now and his focus seems a lot better today. I don't know if it's just coincidence but I'll keep you posted. What do you think about the OAT test saying my sons (Brain Chemistry)-Neurotransmitter Metabolism needed supplements?

Char,

see my response on your Oat test thread, that was all that came to mind. Interesting that your daughter does have food allergy connection to something. So basically, the type of diet you keep her on -- is it a typical diet that all diabetics follow, or have you had to fine tune to her reactions? My point being, I would not be surprised if what I was reading in the Brain Allergies book has some merit, in that diabetes and hypoglycemia is a food intolerance to things that cause high and low sugar.

Bonnie,

what was the ocd symptoms that you feel were helped after giving Kavinace? could you tell me to what degree things got better and what time frame? What else are you doing for that issue? any therapy by any chance?

Char,

see my response on your Oat test thread, that was all that came to mind. Interesting that your daughter does have food allergy connection to something. So basically, the type of diet you keep her on -- is it a typical diet that all diabetics follow, or have you had to fine tune to her reactions? My point being, I would not be surprised if what I was reading in the Brain Allergies book has some merit, in that diabetes and hypoglycemia is a food intolerance to things that cause high and low sugar.

Bonnie,

what was the ocd symptoms that you feel were helped after giving Kavinace? could you tell me to what degree things got better and what time frame? What else are you doing for that issue? any therapy by any chance?

Faith,

He had OCD intrusive thoughts that brought him to tears. They consumed him and made him especially fearful of his own mind and that he was going crazy. It was awful. The Kavinace erased these issues within 3 days. We did start counseling and are currently still in counseling once a month for situational anxiety. For example, he's still having separation anxiety and has mild agorophobia and social anxiety. Honestly, these things haven't improved much but he likes going to therapy and having someone 'else' to talk to so I allow him to continue with it. I figure it wouldn't hurt since our insurance covers most of the cost. HTH

Bonnie