ACN Latitudes Forums

CHECK UP TOMORROW

MARYANN

MY DAUGHTER HAS A DOCTOR APPT WITH PEDIATRIC DOCTOR WHICH SHE HAS NOT SEEN SINCE HER SHOTS 11/06. THEN I STARTING GOING TO THE WELLNESS CENTER. I FEEL I SHOULD TAKE HER BACK BECAUSE IF SHE GETS SICK THAT IS WHERE SHE HAS TO GO. IT TAKES A COUPLE OF MONTHS TO GET INTO THE WELLNESS CENTER AND I DON'T THINK YOU GO THERE IF YOUR SICK.

WELL IM KIND OF NERVOUS ABOUT THE QUESTIONS. I HAVE BEEN TO THIS OFFICE BEFORE BUT NOT TO THIS DOCTOR. SHE IS A D.O. SO I HOPE THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THE LAST TIME I WAS THERE I MENTIONED ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS AND HE LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS A NUT AND SAID HE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH THING. SHE HAS BEEN DOING GOOD WITH HER TICING, I SEE IT ONCE AND AWILE BUT NOBODY ELSE WOULD NOTICE. SHE STILL HAS PROBLEMS WITH HER GUT. THE OTHER DAY HER FRIENDS WENT TO MAC DONALDS AND SHE TOOK A FEW FRENCH FRIES AND WAS SICK THE WHOLE NIGHT AND THE DAY AFTER. THIS IS THE FOURTH TIME SHE GOT SICK IN A ROW FROM MAC DONALDS. mY DAUGHTER CANNOT EAT ALOT OF FOOD AT ONCE OR HAVE ANY KIND OF GREASY FOOD. MSG I BELIEVE EFFECTS HER GUT AND TICS. ARTIFICAIL FLAVORS EFFECTS HER TICS. I HAVE A FEELING WHEN I GO THE DOCTOR SHE IS GOING TO WANT TO SEND HER TO GASTROENTEROLOGY, I DON'T THINK SHE IS GOING TO BELIEVE IN THE GUT-BRAIN CONNECTION. IF SHE EATS RIGHT MY DAUGHTER DOES FINE I THINK SHE LEARNING THAT, SLOWLY BUT SHE IS LEARNING! HAS ANYBODY GONE TO A GASTROENTEROLOGY? I KNOW THE DOCTOR WILL TALK ABOUT THE GARDASIL SHOT WHICH IS A DEFINATE NO! I SAW THE SHOW THE DOCTORS A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAD THE SHOT AND HAD A SEIZURE SECONDS LATER. THE DOCTOR ACTUALLY SAID HE DID NOT BELIEVE IT WAS THE SHOT I WAS SO MAD. THEY SPOKE TO THE FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL SHE SAID SHE HAS NOT FELT THE SAME SINCE. ONE OF THE THINGS SHE SAID IS HER KNEES HURT WHICH I FOUND INTERESTING BECAUSE MY DAUGHTERS KNEES HAVE BEEN HURTING FOR PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. LAST YEAR WHEN I TOOK HER TO THE ORTHOPEDIC FOR HER BACK , SHE TOLD ME HER KNEE HURTS AGAIN. WHEN I TOLD THE DOCTOR HE GOT MAD BECAUSE WE DID NOT TELL HIM RIGHT AWAY AND HE ALREADY WROTE OUT EVERYTHING SO HE WROTE HER A PRSCRIBITION FOR PHSYICAL THERAPY WITH OUT REALLY CHECKING HER KNEES. WELL ANY WAY SHE NEVER WENT TO PHSICAL THERAPY AND IT STOPPED HURTING AND IT HAS BEEN ON AND OFF HURTING SINCE. SHE GOING BACK TO A DIFFERENT ORTHOPEDIC NEXT WEEK. I KNOW IT IS COMMON IN TEENAGE GIRLS FOR THERE KNEES TO HURT BUT IT DID START HURTING THE SAME TIME AS THE SHOTS. WHO KNOWS IM JUST RAMBLING TO YOU GUYS BECAUSE I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND AND I GUESS I HAVE SOME ANIEXTY ABOUT GOING TOMORROW. HOPE YOU ALL HAD A NICE HOLIDAY!

Hi Maryann, glad things are going well.

As far as the doctor's appt., if she's a DO, that is kind of good. If the questions you have are of the "natural route" type thing, I would start off by asking right out if they are of the school of thought that tics and behaviors are somewhat allergy related and diet can help. That answer will tell you where they stand and if it is negative, than don't bother going further, but you can certainly tell them what things YOU feel have helped. Just act like you understand what they are saying, even if you don't. I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince anyone if they are not open, you know?

Maryann, it is possible that your daughter's gut problems regarding foods are just gut problems with greasy foods and are not necessarily related to msg, so I think seeing a gastro is something that you should explore. I have seen one myself for intermittent problems with bad stomach aches and bathroom problems, and they just talk to you about the symptoms and mine was very open to some foods being the culprit for my problems, he said to write down what I ate the days that this happens and maybe see a pattern of what type food does this to me, possibly oils, or a combination of foods eaten together.

As far as the vaccine, they can recommend whatever they want, but you can just say "no, not right now, thanks", just say your child has tics and you''ve been advised not to have any vaccines right now until you sort things out with your daughter's symptoms. Sometimes I go in the room first and discuss what I need to with the doc before my son comes in so he doesn't hear all we have to say, I don't like to talk about the tic situation in front of him. Please don't be nervous, just write down what you want to ask/know, and get it out of the way, you are in control of how you decide to treat your child.

Good luck,

Faith

HI FAITH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONCE. I BELIEVE MY DAUGHTER GETS SICK FROM GREASY FOODS. THE FRENCH FRIES I BELIEVE WAS FROM THE GREASE. I DEFINETLY BELIEVE SHE HAS A REATION TO MSG BECAUSE WHEN SHE HAS RANCH DRESSING SHE IMMEDIATELY DOES THE HUH SOUND RIGHT AFTER. AT FIRST I DID NOT KNOW WHY SHE DID THAT UNTIL I SAW IT ON THE NEWS ABOUT PARENTS COMPLAINING ABOUT MSG AND THEY SHOWED A BOTTLE OF THE RANCH DRESSING MY DAUGHTER LOVES AS A EXAMPLE. THE NEWS SPOKE ABOUT MOSTLY HEADACHES AND STOMACH ACHES BUT THEY ALSO SAID SOME PARENTS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NERO EFFECTS. SHE USE TO HAVE THAT RANCH DRESSING ALL THE TIME AND HAS NOT MADE THAT SOUND SINCE SHE STOPPED. WHEN EVER MY DAUGHTER GETS SICK FROM GREASE ITS MOSTLY HER GUT I DO NOT NOTICE A INCREASE IN TICS SO YOU DO RAISE A GOOD POINT. IF SHE EATS THE RIGHT FOOD SHE DOES NOT GET SICK SO ILL SEE, I HATE THE THOUGHT OF TAKING HER BACK TO THESE DOCTORS! I AM GOING TO WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN, THANKS AGAIN FAITH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I think I found a doctor that i'm going to stick with. I went a little bit to far by showing her all the tests that I took but she was willing to listen, who knows what she really thinks. The only reason I say that is becauce she was fine then left the room for second opinion on one of the test and came back with A different attidude. She is the only DO there so I could imagine what the other doctor told her.

Well any way the nurse came in at first and told me my daughter needed the booster for the chicken pox and I told her no thanks and I will talk to the Doc. When I explained it to her she said by all means do not give it to her. Then I asked if I could get titer test and she said why your not going to give it to her either way. I told her I don't know and she said I have time and next blood test she will add it on which is fine with me. Here is the problem, My daughter on the way home told me she wants the chicken pox vaccine. I explained why I do not want her to have it and she said she does not care if the tics explode. It's funny because my daughter never did. She complained sometimes about her back hurting from the tics but never the tics itself. So any way she tells me I hope you can find somebody with the chicken pox that I can hang around with or let me have the shot. She told me she does not want to worry about this when she decides to have a baby. My daughter is perfectly fine with not getting the gardersil shot that is

another vaccine she asked about because all her friends where getting it. The vaccine for the chicken pox is something im going to have to think about after the titer test. Did anybody get the booster vaccine?